• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Sometimes I wonder how some of these threads would fare as reality shows. hm

We could call it Comic Book Men!

edit - just read down and realized someone else had the same idea. Damn!

Edited by Magneto

RE: The guy watching Michonne. He was obviously told by the Gov. to keep an eye on the outsiders. I hope he wasn't trying to be sneaky about it, because then he's doing a really job of it.

As for the GOV., I don't believe he killed those guys to get their supplies. He killed them so no one would challenge his authority. He doesn't need the outside world, and these guys are a part of that world. He's building his own world, with himself on top. Combine that with his interesting take on aquariums and you've got a whole new kind of evil that almost no one would engage in.

It was a standard dramatic device, to make the evil antagonist friendly, kind, and generous...making him seem seductively admirable, before pulling the rug out from the audience. Well done.

So one thing that confused me:

Why would the Gov rather have the pilot's head in an aquarium rather than in his town as a valued resource for future choppers? Gov could have easily persuaded him into believing that the soldiers were dead by the time they got to them just as he lied to the town. He does have vets in his ranks.

Then again, no use in reasoning. The -script has been written. Just thought it was odd.

My guess it wasn't these guys specifically as it was what they represented, the old world. If the Gov. actually killed him (it's unclear) it was probably because he would insist on trying to contact other members of the military and rejoining them. It just feels like he doesn't want any authority other than his own. That and he's not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy, once that cat is out of the bag it's a free for all.

I thought it was actually clear at the end. He was the top one, no?

Sometimes I wonder how some of these threads would fare as reality shows. hm

We could call it Comic Book Men!

edit - just read down and realized someone else had the same idea. Damn!

I was actually being facetious about the drama, not the books.

Edited by FIREFLY

RE: The guy watching Michonne. He was obviously told by the Gov. to keep an eye on the outsiders. I hope he wasn't trying to be sneaky about it, because then he's doing a really job of it.

As for the GOV., I don't believe he killed those guys to get their supplies. He killed them so no one would challenge his authority. He doesn't need the outside world, and these guys are a part of that world. He's building his own world, with himself on top. Combine that with his interesting take on aquariums and you've got a whole new kind of evil that almost no one would engage in.

It was a standard dramatic device, to make the evil antagonist friendly, kind, and generous...making him seem seductively admirable, before pulling the rug out from the audience. Well done.

Why would the Gov rather have the pilot's head in an aquarium rather than in his town as a valued resource for future choppers? Gov could have easily persuaded him into believing that the soldiers were dead by the time they got to them just as he lied to the town. He does have vets in his ranks.

Then again, no use in reasoning. The -script has been written. Just thought it was odd.

My guess it wasn't these guys specifically as it was what they represented, the old world. If the Gov. actually killed him (it's unclear) it was probably because he would insist on trying to contact other members of the military and rejoining them. It just feels like he doesn't want any authority other than his own. That and he's not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy, once that cat is out of the bag it's a free for all.

I thought it was actually clear at the end. He was the top one, no?

It was clear he was there, just not that he got there with some extra help.

I agree, but I think

that the Governor did kill the pilot. That scene was shot very well. The ceiling shot of the whole room, and all you see is it slowly pan into him, and the feet of the nurse leaving. It's very scary. And it ends with him walking out of the front door. I don't know, I felt that once you know he's bad, it's presumed that he killed the soldier right after he told him what he knew. And the fact that he sounded so damn sincere made it even more scary.

He just get's people to lower their guard, then he kills them. Which is possibly what he's planning of doing with Andrea/Michonne?

Edited by Phillip

You lost me. I was talking about the chopper pilot's head being the one in the top tank. What do you mean by the extra help? Did I miss a clue?

I meant the chopper pilot was pretty badly injured. We don't know if he died from injuries of if the Gov. offed him. That's the "help" I was referring to.

You lost me. I was talking about the chopper pilot's head being the one in the top tank. What do you mean by the extra help? Did I miss a clue?

I meant the chopper pilot was pretty badly injured. We don't know if he died from injuries of if the Gov. offed him. That's the "help" I was referring to.

Gotcha. ;)

I am right. You are wrong.

Does that make sense?

You really still think that even though the majority of people here disagree with you?

Are you affiliated with FOX news? Let's see what I really said, not just what was taken out of context

I think reasonable people would agree that this is the thread to ask for a link to view the show.

I also think reasonable people would agree that one can still discuss something within a time period of a few days, and still be courteous to others by hiding spoilers.

The original spoiler was deleted. Other posters have, for the last few days, been courteous and hidden spoilers about the new episode, while still discussing the episode.

I don't care about the people who disagreed with me, because my philosophy was the one that was followed by those who decided to post about the episode. :baiting:

If was wrong, where are all the people that posted spoilers?

Oh yeah, no one did, because no one wanted to be THAT guy.

Does that make sense?

You really still think that even though the majority of people here disagree with you?

Disagree about what? Now I am confused!

Edited by comix4fun

I am a video-game player. I am specifically avoiding a thread on Borderlands 2 until I beat the game at least once..

I suggest the same line of thought for this thread...

Phil you are a great guy but I disagree with you on this one..

What else other than spoilers should go in this thread? This ENTIRE thread is spoilers for the tv show...arguably, anything said here could spoil SOME element of a persons experience who hasnt seen the show yet..

either way, i still <3 you all :)

I am a video-game player. I am specifically avoiding a thread on Borderlands 2 until I beat the game at least once..

I suggest the same line of thought for this thread...

Phil you are a great guy but I disagree with you on this one..

What else other than spoilers should go in this thread? This ENTIRE thread is spoilers for the tv show...arguably, anything said here could spoil SOME element of a persons experience who hasnt seen the show yet..

either way, i still <3 you all :)

This.

My main argument was that spoiler tags should be used for NEW info within a few days of its release, which, some people apparently had a problem with. But the fact remained that everyone that talked about the episode up until now was courteous to other posters and used spoiler tags. Even the one guy who spoiled a little part of the episode for me, removed his comment! So I'd have to say that my perception of the "problem" was right because that's the way everyone followed the "problem".

Now, since it's almost past the grace period, who want's to be THAT guy?

And I don't dislike anyone here either. I just want this place to be enjoyable for everyone. :foryou:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6109158#Post6109158

Doesn't look like people want to look at spoilers judging by the thread above.

I could care less about reading them, though some may not like them. I've always posted spoiler tags in the past regardless of what anyone biatches about. Don't like 'em, don't click 'em. Simple. This is getting ridiculous.

And thanks to Doug, I spent 1 freakin' minute of my valuable life trying to open the one he posted. Turd. lol

Edited by FIREFLY

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6109158#Post6109158

I could care less about reading them, though some may not like them. I've always posted spoilers in the past regardless of what anyone biatches about. Don't like 'em, don't click 'em. Simple. This is getting ridiculous.

And thanks to Doug, I spent 1 freakin' minute of my valuable life trying to open the one he posted. Turd. lol

It was an attempt to show my annoyance of the spoiler alerts, in a nice way lol

One thing I've noticed no one has answered yet, why would anyone look into a discussion thread, if they haven't read or seen something yet?? I know if the new issue of WD is out, I certainly don't plan to jump online, where people may be discussing their annoyance with Adlards art (shrug)lol I read the issue first, then I see what everyone has to say.

I could care less about reading them, though some may not like them. I've always posted spoilers in the past regardless of what anyone biatches about. Don't like 'em, don't click 'em. Simple. This is getting ridiculous.

It was an attempt to show my annoyance of the spoiler alerts, in a nice way lol

One thing I've noticed no one has answered yet, why would anyone look into a discussion thread, if they haven't read or seen something yet?? I know if the new issue of WD is out, I certainly don't plan to jump online, where people may be discussing their annoyance with Adlards art (shrug)lol I read the issue first, then I see what everyone has to say.

Doesn't make sense. If you don't want to read about the latest episode of walking dead stay out of a thread dedicated to discussing the show. That's where people talk about the show and they're most likely to be talking about the latest episode.

Agreed, it doesn't make sense. It sort of does, though, when people may want to jump in and shoot the shart with the fellas and talk nonsense or catch up on the chatter regarding old episodes. The thread should not exclude that, but it does when Johnny Nalgas chimes in to shoot the shart and reads that Michonne and Andrea had got it on just two days ago. Someone in another part of the world may not have seen it yet. (shrug)

What it comes down to is pretty much exclusion. Like I said, I could care less. I like spoilers. Some may not. People like spoiler tags, some may not. Darned either way. Separate threads or a consensus? I'd rather scroll through spoiler tags than pages of biatchin about it.

Edited by FIREFLY

Considering all of this nonsense was brought about by me, what about my circumstances?

I came to the thread, 40 minutes into the episode to see if someone had a link to watch it online. I got my answer, but also saw a spoiler, which could have easily been put in a tag. And its not a big deal to do that for a few days for people that

- Just came onto the thread for the first time

- People from other Countries

- People that came on looking for info about how to view an episode

- insert reason here

It's not that hard. People use spoiler tags in all the comic threads, this should be no different. You can still discuss, and not ruin something that someone else hasn't seen.

And it's not even permanent!

Edited by Phillip

This thread is older than your membership and mine. It has been clearly discussed that spoiler tags are not needed in regards to the most current episode even before either of us joined and multiple times since then.

I will be THAT GUY from here on out and post a full on damn minute by minute details of each episode going forward. To anyone that has a problem with that I would highly advise that you avoid this thread until you take the time to watch the damn episode.

I will post also screenshots if I can upload them quickly enough.

Again all have been warned.

Also this isn't Google, if you are trying to find a place online to watch the most recent episode then this isn't the place to come to looking for that info.