• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Oh for sure TBP - although,it is going much quicker than I thought.

The phone rubbish was in what, 3 comics? Plus a last hurrah some 20 eps later.

I was just concerned that this took place AFTER the Woodbury/prison arc.

Lori was towards the end, and the outcome for lil-arsekicker is far from certain.

When the Gov toasted his people in s03e05 - he said he had 87 inhabitants in Woodbury.

Thats 87 onto 8 -11,of which 3 are children and ones an amputee.

Tyreese needs to have at least an equal sized crew to swell numbers - thats why,as I previously hypothesised,that I think AFTER the battle of the prison, the survivors amalgamate.

The group has to start growing to get to the next stage of Kirkmans plan for the show,which I'm pretty sure is the re-taking of America, City by City.

Theres no way after this arc that the TV show is going to be anything like the comic,as Season 4 midpoint onwards would be the Alexandria setting.

A repeat of this scenario.

Minus Glenn.

Lori was towards the end, and the outcome for lil-arsekicker is far from certain.

When the Gov toasted his people in s03e05 - he said he had 87 inhabitants in Woodbury.

Tyreese needs to have at least an equal sized crew to swell numbers - thats why,as I previously hypothesised,that I think AFTER the battle of the prison, the survivors amalgamate.

The group has to start growing to get to the next stage of Kirkmans plan for the show,which I'm pretty sure is the re-taking of America, City by City.

Theres no way after this arc that the TV show is going to be anything like the comic,as Season 4 midpoint onwards would be the Alexandria setting.

Minus Glenn.

Some interesting points, but it would be a bit of a shame if it did not stay somewhat true to the comics.

Minus Glenn.

Interesting way to look at it, but it's not really "87 onto 8" is it? We've only seen maybe a dozen men actually armed for Woodbury (minus 3 now) the rest are women, kids, and older folks. Aside from the armed folks we've seen in Woodbury I am not seeing the "battle hardened look" that Rick's survivors have on the balance of Woodbury.

Also the residents of Woodbury have no idea what a twisted doosh the Gov really is. If it's put in their face what he really is I don't see it being a real unified front.

I like that the TV show is different from the books, in many ways they've tightened up plot holes from the comic and set the groundwork for something much more moving week to week instead of waiting an entire 6 issue arc for something to happen.

Yeah thats a fair point - there are a lot of people who seem to spend all day walking up and down Woodbury's one and only street - all looking very preppy like. They must have had some Ooomph about they though to survive 18 months. (shrug)

Where would you guys take the show?

At risk of repeating myself (moi?), the action between The prison and Alexandria arcs comprised the attempted rape of Carl and the cannibals attacking Dale (probably Herhel now) but really,I can't see either storyline being greenlit.That leaves Mad Morgan and a herd.

That takes us straight to Alexandria which is just too similar.

I love the little winks to the show,but at this rate by the end of season 3 we may be approaching the last battle of the prison.

Gail-Anne Hurd has already said Kirkman has mapped out seasons 5 - 7 and that the studio were "bring it on" (her actual words) - so I can't see any other option but to leave the reservation and start a new 'universe' from the comic.

Morgan may appear again, and hopefully an Abraham or Jesus type fighter, but besides Rosita for a bit of eye-candy (Michelle Rodriguez anyone :cloud9:) there isn't anyone else that jumps out.

So I think the surviviors will amalgamate,grow and pony up into Washington to take back whats ours.

What does everyone else think?

If Kirkman goes off story, what would you like to see happen?

Don't make me start another thread!! lol

I am thinking more along the lines of Tyreese and Morgan fighting over Michonne in Season 4!

Possible Filming Spoilers:

From the filming reports it appears that Tyreese will end up in Woodbury for the majority of the rest of this season.

Morgan is supposed to help Rick and co escape Woodbury and die in the process as he was screaming "NO why take him now" or something to that effect in multiple takes

Ian