• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

ehhhh Episode 4 was pretty boring.........Same old different Sunday.

Another wasted filler episode of gathering supplies with pointless Zombie deaths that lead to nothing building up in the story-line. Rick is becoming Lori with his knew stupidity.

Storyline of this season has been very lackluster so far.

Again I know I am in the minority apparently with my negativity of TWD TV show, but as a huge fan of the comic series (that I have read 3 times over) I just think this show has absolutely been a snooze fest since the end of Season 2. When Michonne first made her cameo appearance saving Andrea at the end of season 2 the scene gave me goosebumps waiting for season 3, but now the show just puts me in coma. :sorry:

That was the biggest load of horsedung ever.

I'm not doing spoilers because it was just so stupid, it doesn't deserve them.

Against my better judgement - I will.

1) They all file the soon-to-be-dead into a cellblock. But when they die nobody is there to stop the dead:

a) Killing the survivors of the flu when they turn

b) Escaping and killing everyone else!

2) They all go onto a jolly trip to wherever - and don't:

a) Take: every bottle with some kind of medicine

b) Take all available Food

c) And Petrol/oil/sparkplugs (clue - raided a garage) etc - but leave behind - everything really.

3) Meet new survivors: Fix them up - find a severed leg (wtf - Zombies with a chainsaw???) and leave the other one for dead.

4) Dump Carol - for being the only person to "kill" a human - nope - (that was Beth - that's why it's in spoilers)

She was useless - didn't learn how to fight, encourage others, or be the only one to teach the kids, or the only one to get water etc etc

Seriously?

The body count of humans by the 'groups' hand is far more than Carols "crime"

Total Crapperism

This was the first episode that looked like it was written by a schoolkid.

1/10

Thought about it more and yeah- last nights episode was disappointing. Only because it didn't really settle or progress anything. I still feel like the decision was off, or forced. Did someone get another role on another TV show?

Thank you!!!! :applause: Finally someone agrees with me. :applause:

It's not a double standard because

Carol killed a member of the group when there was a change they'd make it.

Yes, Rick killed Shane, but that was in self defense.

Carl's kill may have been more cold blooded, but it was an enemy, not a member of the group

Also, when Tyreese found out (he would have found out even if Rick agreed not to tell him) he would have killed Carol. By casting her out, Rick gave her a chance to survive

Edited by nikocb

I am to spoiled with the book. I want Nove. 13 to be here already!!! :cry: Can't wait for twice a month!!

Really, 115 was blah to me.

I can't wait either. 115 didn't blow me away, but in a story that is 115 issues deep (and an arc that is at least 12 issues long) I am willing to deal with some slow burn. Ask me again how I feel when we are 3 or 4 issues into All Out War...but at this stage I am still very entertained by each issue and I am excited each month as the release of the next issue approaches. I can't ask for much more.

Daryl is going to be a little pissed, but Michonne is going to be happy by Rick's decision. I know people joke about the budding romance between Michonne and Daryl, but I think there is something there. I see more and more similarities between Daryl and comic Tyreese than TV and Comic Tyreese.

If gov comes back and

kills Daryl

Michonne is going to lose her mess.

So will a lot of pissed off lady fans.

A Daryl v. Rick fight would be epic IMO

Edited by awakeintheashes

It's not a double standard because

Carol killed a member of the group when there was a change they'd make it.

Yes, Rick killed Shane, but that was in self defense.

Carl's kill may have been more cold blooded, but it was an enemy, not a member of the group

Also, when Tyreese found out (he would have found out even if Rick agreed not to tell him) he would have killed Carol. By casting her out, Rick gave her a chance to survive

Yes, the fact that Shane and Governor Boy were both armed and had demonstrated murderous intent. Rick's was 1000% self-defense in a kill or be killed situation, Carol's kills were purely speculative. Also Carol is an adult, I don't think the same level of culpability applies to an 11 year old facing down an armed adversary.

So, I take it the zombies have learned how to cut grass. Those yards in that neighborhood sure didn't look to overgrown considering the other group was chopping down vines to get in a store lol.

My biggest complaint in the believability of a world where the dead rise and consume the living is the landscaping too!!

Thank goodness someone's on my side!!

My favorite part of the episode last night:

Daryl being threatened by Bob (reaching for his gun) and Daryl stepping to Bob and mad dogging him eye to eye, face to face, until Bob turns away. Classic animal confrontation.

I am to spoiled with the book. I want Nove. 13 to be here already!!! :cry: Can't wait for twice a month!!

I can't wait either. 115 didn't blow me away, but in a story that is 115 issues deep (and an arc that is at least 12 issues long) I am willing to deal with some slow burn. Ask me again how I feel when we are 3 or 4 issues into All Out War...but at this stage I am still very entertained by each issue and I am excited each month as the release of the next issue approaches. I can't ask for much more.

Agreed, and isn't funny the only place to talk about the comic is in the TV thread since the comic thread is all about original art. :D

Did anyone else think it was funny that Daryl, the guy who used to ride a motor cycle with an SS on it, is now cruising around in a car with 3 black characters?

Progress.

That's Merle's bike. That's what Darryl told Dale that at one point.

My favorite part of the episode last night:

Daryl being threatened by Bob (reaching for his gun) and Daryl stepping to Bob and mad dogging him eye to eye, face to face, until Bob turns away. Classic animal confrontation.

That was awesome.

:headbang:

-slym

Did anyone else think it was funny that Daryl, the guy who used to ride a motor cycle with an SS on it, is now cruising around in a car with 3 black characters?

Progress.

That's Merle's bike. That's what Darryl told Dale that at one point.

He never removed them though. Which means it's still in his blood, but yes he's making progress.

Agreed, and isn't funny the only place to talk about the comic is in the TV thread since the comic thread is all about original art. :D

lol

After this week's episode,

There's no way we don't get a big reaction to Rick kicking out Carol. How is Darryl going to react? The girl with the knife? Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people didn't believe Rick and/or the little girl Carol was mentoring tries to get revenge (Judith?).