• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Did anyone else think it was funny that Daryl, the guy who used to ride a motor cycle with an SS on it, is now cruising around in a car with 3 black characters?

Progress.

That's Merle's bike. That's what Darryl told Dale that at one point.

He never removed them though. Which means it's still in his blood, but yes he's making progress.

Removed them?

I guess they didn't set up a body shop while fleeing from flesh eating undead and homicidal still livings.

Screwed up priorities on Daryl I guess. lol

Did anyone else think it was funny that Daryl, the guy who used to ride a motor cycle with an SS on it, is now cruising around in a car with 3 black characters?

Progress.

That's Merle's bike. That's what Darryl told Dale that at one point.

He never removed them though. Which means it's still in his blood, but yes he's making progress.

Removed them?

I guess they didn't set up a body shop while fleeing from flesh eating undead and homicidal still livings.

Screwed up priorities on Daryl I guess. lol

Plenty of down time at the prison. Instead of eating and talking to Carol while they watch the walkers take down the fence. He could of removed the emblems. They're not hard to do. You don't need a shop. Emblems usually have 3M double face tape.

Anyone else think . . .

Carol will be joining up with the Governor? (shrug)

Maybe, but I see it as a "not of her own free will" thing. Say, the gov. finds her in the middle of an attack and saves her. Or he just plain kidnaps her somehow.

-slym

Anyone else think . . .

Maybe, but I see it as a "not of her own free will" thing. Say, the gov. finds her in the middle of an attack and saves her. Or he just plain kidnaps her somehow.

-slym

I think they have a similar mind-set, so I don't see a kid-napping. I think he's got a plant in the prison (the rat person) and she could join with him to attempt to go after the girls. Maybe last year's attack on the prison was a red herring and the real attack happens this season.

Anyone else think . . .

-slym

I think they have a similar mind-set, so I don't see a kid-napping. I think he's got a plant in the prison (the rat person) and she could join with him to attempt to go after the girls. Maybe last year's attack on the prison was a red herring and the real attack happens this season.

With Bruce, Martinez, Carol and Phillip himself?! (shrug) Maybe they did some recruiting.

Anyone else think . . .

-slym

With Bruce, Martinez, Carol and Phillip himself?! (shrug) Maybe they did some recruiting.

Perhaps . . .

when Bob was discussing his previous groups with Daryl and the fact that he's now on his third group, he wasn't referring to the prison group, but the fact that the Governor has been doing some recruiting. (shrug)

Another killer episode last night! My favorite hour long drama on TV right now, hand's down.

My thoughts:

Rick knew from the moment he asked Carol to go on a run with him one on one that it was the end for Carol at the prison; she was either going to be killed or left behind by Rick. Not only did she kill helpless people, she also tried to get Rick's son to lie to Rick.

Carol thought she was going to be able to persuade Rick to keep it to himself, but he's not playing that game anymore.

I don' think she'll wind up with the governor, unless she gets captured and the gov tries to use her as bait somehow. I guess I can see a scenario where Carol takes the part of Tyreese and gets beheaded outside the gates.

Maybe they will pick up her story and make her part of the spin off, then kill her there at some point, but maybe not.

I had half-convinced myself that the older girl had been the one to kill the patients and Carol burned them to cover it up, but not after last night's episode.

Ironically, Rick saved her life by not bringing her back to the prison, but he's going to have to take some heat for his decision from most everyone, including Tyreese who won't be satisfied that she didn't pay the ultimate price or that he couldn't be the one to do it.

So, I take it the zombies have learned how to cut grass. Those yards in that neighborhood sure didn't look to overgrown considering the other group was chopping down vines to get in a store lol.

My biggest complaint in the believability of a world where the dead rise and consume the living is the landscaping too!!

Thank goodness someone's on my side!!

I'm just waiting for the scene where they wash the cars daily to keep them spotless.

Another killer episode last night! My favorite hour long drama on TV right now, hand's down.

My thoughts:

Rick knew from the moment he asked Carol to go on a run with him one on one that it was the end for Carol at the prison; she was either going to be killed or left behind by Rick. Not only did she kill helpless people, she also tried to get Rick's son to lie to Rick.

Carol thought she was going to be able to persuade Rick to keep it to himself, but he's not playing that game anymore.

I don' think she'll wind up with the governor, unless she gets captured and the gov tries to use her as bait somehow. I guess I can see a scenario where Carol takes the part of Tyreese and gets beheaded outside the gates.

Maybe they will pick up her story and make her part of the spin off, then kill her there at some point, but maybe not.

I had half-convinced myself that the older girl had been the one to kill the patients and Carol burned them to cover it up, but not after last night's episode.

Ironically, Rick saved her life by not bringing her back to the prison, but he's going to have to take some heat for his decision from most everyone, including Tyreese who won't be satisfied that she didn't pay the ultimate price or that he couldn't be the one to do it.

Wow you really thought last nights episode was killer?

Last night was a wonderfully paced sequence of dramatic elements to highlight human emotions. It was pragmatism vs. humanity. It was a calculated morality play. What's best is most people may not realize it until later when they realize they were being pushed and pulled by each of the characters. It was a debate, a dance, with each taking the lead.

It's rare that any show lets you get this deep into the motivations of its characters.

Kudos to WD for going that deep.

Last night was a wonderfully paced sequence of dramatic elements to highlight human emotions. It was pragmatism vs. humanity. It was a calculated morality play. What's best is most people may not realize it until later when they realize they were being pushed and pulled by each of the characters. It was a debate, a dance, with each taking the lead.

It's rare that any show lets you get this deep into the motivations of its characters.

+1

i recommend you guys watch it again, KNOWING what happens at the end. really watch, appreciate the acting that Melissa & Andrew do this episode.

The acting has never really been a problem.

It is the repetitiveness of each episode that I find most apparent.

Again it seems most of you guys very much enjoy the show, and I watch it pretty much every week. However it is just not holding my interest much anymore, and I hope at some point in this season it does once again.

How about some kudos to Jericho for some of the things he was going on about on Talking Dead? He really brought his A game, I thought. I would've never guessed he'd be that insightful and engaging about the show. Who knew?

How about some kudos to Jericho for some of the things he was going on about on Talking Dead? He really brought his A game, I thought. I would've never guessed he'd be that insightful and engaging about the show. Who knew?

He's great. I loved his appearances on Attack of the Show back in the day.

Also, he really needed to bring his A game after last week's debacle with MM