• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Last night was a wonderfully paced sequence of dramatic elements to highlight human emotions. It was pragmatism vs. humanity. It was a calculated morality play. What's best is most people may not realize it until later when they realize they were being pushed and pulled by each of the characters. It was a debate, a dance, with each taking the lead.

It's rare that any show lets you get this deep into the motivations of its characters.

Kudos to WD for going that deep.

How about some kudos to Jericho for some of the things he was going on about on Talking Dead? He really brought his A game, I thought. I would've never guessed he'd be that insightful and engaging about the show. Who knew?

He's great. I loved his appearances on Attack of the Show back in the day.

Also, he really needed to bring his A game after last week's debacle with MM

Yes that was funny what he said in the beginning of the show, about MM.

Don't get me wrong I love the show. It has it's moments. But sometimes the show has a lackluster performance.

There needs to be more interaction/action with other people/groups. Like with the last season. There was a couple dull and slow ones, but it really kept my interest.

This whole virus thing and getting meds is boring. Yea they have been doing some sweet walker kills.

I like when they plan infiltrating other communities. That keeps my interest. Like what's happening in the book.

Being sick and going to the corner store to get meds is stuff we already know.

Don't get me wrong I love the show. It has it's moments. But sometimes the show has a lackluster performance.

There needs to be more interaction/action with other people/groups. Like with the last season. There was a couple dull and slow ones, but it really kept my interest.

This whole virus thing and getting meds is boring. Yea they have been doing some sweet walker kills.

I like when they plan infiltrating other communities. That keeps my interest. Like what's happening in the book.

Life is boring.

Life is boring.

But not when your listening to Motorhead!! :headbang:

My favorite part of the episode last night:

Daryl being threatened by Bob (reaching for his gun) and Daryl stepping to Bob and mad dogging him eye to eye, face to face, until Bob turns away. Classic animal confrontation.

Interesting you mention that aspect of the show. One of my colleagues is a fan as well and is a psychologist, so we talk about a lot of psycho-babble stuff. I made the observation with regards to Carol that the group is like being in the animal kingdom. If an alpha is not present, another group member will step up and be the alpha, just like in the animal kingdom.

And yes it was awesome when Daryl got in his face lol lol

Reminded me of when Wyatt Earp got in the Billy Bob's face and slapped him lol

Life is boring.

But not when your listening to Motorhead!! :headbang:

:grin:

Daryl being threatened by Bob (reaching for his gun) and Daryl stepping to Bob and mad dogging him eye to eye, face to face, until Bob turns away. Classic animal confrontation.

Interesting you mention that aspect of the show. One of my colleagues is a fan as well and is a psychologist, so we talk about a lot of psycho-babble stuff. I made the observation with regards to Carol that the group is like being in the animal kingdom. If an alpha is not present, another group member will step up and be the alpha, just like in the animal kingdom.

"Go ahead, Skin that smokewagon and we'll see what happens!!!"

All time favorite Western next to the Good, the bad, and the Ugly.

Question. Did anybody else catch when they are in the vet clinic and deciding whether to go backward through the zombies or open the door of zombies they mention something about the ones behind them being infected? I did not understand that, unless I missed something, isn't everybody "infected"? Or are they talking about the flu that's going through the prison, and if so why were those infected? Did I miss something?

It was the flu. They were bleeding from the eyes like the flu victims. That's the symptom they were talking about.

I don't know if they started it but they are certainly spreading it.

I'm not sure how a virus is replicating through the cellular structure of someone whose cells are dead, but then again they are walking around in defiance of all laws of science, so I am not going to be too picky on my science as it's applied to this show. lol

I have as much dead-love as anyone.

But anyone who watched yesterdays episode and thought it was good was surely watching a different ep.

For the first time, the collective stupidity of the 2 year survivors made me wonder how any of them lived this long.

Its the same rubbish every week - regarding decision making.

How many times will they hit up a store/shop/warehouse and leave with a small bag of stuff.

I couldn't get round Rick leaving dozens of fresh tomatoes behind - and taking only 4 in a bag - wtf!!

I know it's nitpicking, but if you HAVE to include it in a scene - do it RIGHT !!!

Tell me why they didn't go straight back mob-handed to that supermarket from 2 weeks ago?

Half the Zombies were already dead, and the rest probably wandered off. The place had everything they needed, and they knew exactly where it was.

For me, just lazy writing.

And the Carol decision - pointless and dumb. Killing 2 already dead people (she didn't btw) - and that's it? Gone?

Yet Rick lets 2 noobs wander to certain death, and there are no double standards there?

I love the comic, but for the first time actually wonder if the TV show (whilst still very watchable) is in trouble.

The story is a a morality play, created to display the basest of human emotions, and to investigate and reveal who people are when the conventions of polite society are stripped away and the nerves of what it is to be human are laid bare.

Worrying about how individual decisions, made by characters in a world created to explore the limits of humanity, are "right or wrong" is to, literally, miss the forest for the tomatoes.