• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August C-Link Featured Auction Thread...

241 posts in this topic

...where buyers rejoice, and consignors like me cry in our beers.

Post 'em if you got 'em.

Post 'em if you lost 'em.

Post 'em if you sold 'em.

Heck, Post 'em if you sold 'em AND broke even or made a few bucks. ^^

In the interest of Full Disclosure, the Bone # 1 in the auction is mine. I just sold a 9.6/White copy on eBay for $1,500. Right now, my other copy on C-link is at $816 with two hours to go. I'm taking bets it doesn't get anywhere close to eBay money for the same book.

I perused the Spideys to see if the screaming deals were continuing, but I'm seeing bupkus to cherry-pick in what has been a deflationary period up to this point. :mad:

You aren't looking hard enough. :insane:

WUDYA SEE WUDYA SEE? :idea:

I perused the Spideys to see if the screaming deals were continuing, but I'm seeing bupkus to cherry-pick in what has been a deflationary period up to this point. :mad:

I sold a couple of Spideys at near all-time GPA lows.....Yippee!! :ohnoez:

Darnit, I was watching the Walking Dead trailer for a while there, and Blagojevich on The Daily Show from last night. :frustrated:

The ASM 102 CGC 9.6 beat my CGC record low from last month. $850.00 yikes, now I feel somewhat better mine went for $950.00

That issue has been overvalued in high grade for quite a long time...it was inevitable. #101 is too, Morbius just isn't that popular.

I got priced out on the ASM 13 9.0. My cap bid was going to be $2222...and it moved to $2550 (new GPA high) about 5 min out...was prepared to pay (slightly) new GPA high but, what can I say, I'm a cheap bastid... :tonofbricks: Shoulda bought Andre's 9.2, woulda had it paid off by now...interesting that the 9.0 went for $2550 and the 9.2 only $3600...

I was considering the ASM 20 9.2 but for the price didn't care for the hand-written date mark in logo...

I should've hit on the ASM 19 9.4...went for a steal at $1087... doh!

Also was considering the 18 9.2 but I sold mine within the last year for $1200 so I wasn't going to pay more than that...Also the 21 and 22 9.4s but only if I would've gotten a steal-deal...

So I settled for bidding on a PQ upgrade on the ASM 37 White-pager and thought I had won only to see at the last SNIPE-second I lost... :frustrated:

So I'm heading over to the FF group tomorrow...and then there's always the JIMs...

So as they say in Bidgard...this auction ain't over yet... :banana:

Anybody here win the AF 15 9.0 PLOD at $9101? I'm thinking if I could've negotiated that going in I definitely would've pulled the trigger...

:headbang:

RAD6BC4A201083_165758.jpg

That's a steal. That is like 1/15th of the FMV value of an unrestored copy for a book with a trimmed edge and a tiny amount of color touch. Crazy.

Nah, for some reason if you click the update button on the listing page at the last second it doesn't always give you the high bid. I was the underbidder on that book, it went for around $1500.

I got priced out on the ASM 13 9.0. My cap bid was going to be $2222...and it moved to $2550 (new GPA high) about 5 min out...was prepared to pay (slightly) new GPA high but, what can I say, I'm a cheap bastid... :tonofbricks: Shoulda bought Andre's 9.2, woulda had it paid off by now...interesting that the 9.0 went for $2550 and the 9.2 only $3600...

I was considering the ASM 20 9.2 but for the price didn't care for the hand-written date mark in logo...

Also was considering the 18 9.2 but I sold mine within the last year for $1200 so I wasn't going to pay more than that...Also the 21 and 22 9.4s but only if I would've gotten a steal-deal...

So I settled for a PQ upgrade and picked up the ASM 37 White-pager so far at a reasonable $317...so I have my undercopy for sale... :devil:

So I'm heading over to the FF group tomorrow...and then there's always the JIMs...

ASM #19 9.4 sold for $1525

I've been considering adding a new title to my Spidey/FF repertoire--early Detectives. Some decent ones in this auction...I'm just not convinced I can switch from being a high-grade guy to a mid-grade guy. :eek:

So I settled for a PQ upgrade and picked up the ASM 37 White-pager so far at a reasonable $317...so I have my undercopy for sale... :devil:

ASM #19 9.4 sold for $1525

I stand corrected...that beat the most recent high of $1395...