• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August C-Link Featured Auction Thread...

241 posts in this topic

fish to the face- sweet

And by far, the best one of the fish-in-the-face covers :cloud9:

And an Edgar Church book as well. I think it was a steal...., :blush:

Considering the 9.0 went for $30K or so on Heritage I'd say that this book has momentum.

It's on par with books like X-men #1 and TOS #39 now. It wasn't in the past, was it?

That's a funky stain to live with for $10k+.

And to think about 18-24 months ago that book sat and sat and sat at 5,000. It was listed all over the place. I considered it a few times but could not get over that ugly stain on a 8.0.

That's massive inflation in that book.

And to think about 18-24 months ago that book sat and sat and sat at 5,000. It was listed all over the place. I considered it a few times but could not get over that ugly stain on a 8.0.

That's massive inflation in that book.

I saw that as well.

:sorry:

Need to correct some of my closing bid error reporting...

ASM 13 9.2 went for $4400

ASM 13 9.0 went for $2885 :o

ASM 18 9.2 went for $1575

ASM 20 9.2 went for $1955

ASM 21 9.4 went for $1705

ASM 22 9.4 went for $2101

ASM 33 9.6 went for $961 :o

ASM 52 9.6 went for $1900 :o

What were the GPA lows Jive out of the ASM?? :baiting:

You missed the 39 9.6...I was sniped at the last second, sold for $6350, about $2k lower then last auction.

Anybody here win the AF 15 9.0 PLOD at $9101? I'm thinking if I could've negotiated that going in I definitely would've pulled the trigger...

:headbang:

RAD6BC4A201083_165758.jpg

A TRIMMED and restored copy going for $9k?? :o What's this world coming to???????!!???? doh!

Aquaman #6 for $1700. Damn!

I obviously was not the winner, or even anywhere in the running.

i picked up the aquaman #19 and the atom #2- roughly 30% below last sales (that i could find). probably 30% higher than what they sold for before the squishing :cry:

Thats because I didn't need one :grin:

:foryou:

Anybody here win the AF 15 9.0 PLOD at $9101? I'm thinking if I could've negotiated that going in I definitely would've pulled the trigger...

A TRIMMED and restored copy going for $9k?? :o What's this world coming to???????!!???? doh!

So I'm thinking.... hm

How bad was the top edge that someone decided the book needed to be trimmed? (shrug)

Would the book have received a blue label without the trimming?

Calling DR. Koos..... :acclaim:

here's some GPA info on unrestored 9.0:

9.0 Jul-2010

2010 (1) $150,000Hi

2004 (1) $48,000Hi

2002 (1) $36,800Hi

so, this resto'd 9.0 went for 6% of recent unresto'd. pretty harsh considering the book it is and the grade. jus' my 2c

i picked up the aquaman #19 and the atom #2- roughly 30% below last sales (that i could find). probably 30% higher than what they sold for before the squishing :cry:

well done, I was so surprised that I got outbid on the 6 that I did not have time to enter my bid on the 19. :mad:

managed to not get another book WTF :pullhair:

then got the next 5 I was bidding on :D

6 for 9 - not great :ohnoez:

will bid higher tomorrow

So I settled for bidding on a PQ upgrade on the ASM 37 White-pager and thought I had won only to see at the last SNIPE-second I lost... :frustrated:

Sorry about that. :foryou:

I really needed an upgrade on my ASM 37 and 39. Happy with pages on both. (thumbs u

:o Have you changed your low-balling ways?

That was a pretty healthy price on the #19!

Considering the 9.0 went for $30K or so on Heritage I'd say that this book has momentum.

It's on par with books like X-men #1 and TOS #39 now. It wasn't in the past, was it?

The 9.4 copy was.