• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happens if CGC loses a book???

63 posts in this topic

Been waiting on my Large Feature Comic #5 (did grade at 8.5...yeah!!!). Called up CGC today and asked for a status. They stated it was delivered already. They looked up the records and confirmed it was delivered to the wrong address. They stated it would be sent to investigations and they would call me back.

Has anyone had anything similar happen? Wonder what next steps would be if the book couldn't be recovered? I wouldn't be so worried if it wasn't a high price book. Appreciate any comments. Thanks!

I would probably let them do their investigation and get to the bottom of it and let them try to recover the book.

How did they get the wrong address?

Have no idea; they confirmed my correct address but looked at the UPS confirmation info and stated it went to a different home. Hence the "I'll get back to you". (they didn't tell me what address it went to, though)

I received someone else's book once in a CGC order. They deal with a lot of books - errors happen. I returned the book of course; I hope someone does the same for you. I hope it works out.

How did they get the wrong address?

Have no idea; they confirmed my correct address but looked at the UPS confirmation info and stated it went to a different home. Hence the "I'll get back to you". (they didn't tell me what address it went to, though)

Well if they had your correct address, and that's not what where they mailed it to, it sounds like you'll be solid, unless the address it went to came from some other place you provided to them. CGC usually makes up for their clear mistakes.

If it is lost and gone you will get half the money back that the book is worth.

Does that have any basis in reality? hm

Q. What measures are taken to protect my comics while they are at CGC?

In addition to vault storage, CGC uses state-of-the-art security and surveillance equipment, and only the most highly trained professionals who understand the unique handling requirements of comic books will handle your comics. While at CGC, your books are always fully insured against theft or damage.

As an independent member of the Certified Collectibles Group (CCG), CGC benefits from the other member companies' decades of experience in thorough operations and careful handling of delicate collectibles. With the CCG companies successfully handling more than 100,000 fragile collectibles each month, you can be assured that we have the experience to treat your comic books with the respect and proper handling techniques to ensure their safety.

While CGC is responsible for the care of your books while they're with us, any damage that occurs during shipping to CGC or after the books leave our facility is your responsibility or that of the shipping company with whom you contract.

If it is lost and gone you will get half the money back that the book is worth.

Does that have any basis in reality? hm

Yeah, why half the money? Where did that come from?

I read it as a joke.... :gossip:

Hope you guys' cheeks recover ok after you get the hooks out. lol

They didn't let me know what Fair Market Value was on the book...I'll give them a call tomorrow for I'm guessing that will be a starting point for compensation. Hopefully I won't need that and its recovered, though.