• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tupenny’s Return to General: My Pressing Story

109 posts in this topic

Tupenny offers this BUY/SELL scenario for the Boards’ consideration.

The Mighty Tupenny will not participate in any debate which may follow. All facts of any consequence are presented below, in full. There is nothing more to add or explain about the facts.

To preempt any inquiries regarding Your2Pennies’ position on this topic, simply observe the following:

1) lollollollol

2) Comics :cloud9:

CONTROVERSY

Seller lists certified CGC slab for sale. No mention is made in the listing by Seller of whether the certified book was pressed or not pressed.

Buyer buys the slab @ sticker.

Subsequent to Buyer's purchase, Buyer & Seller exchange the usual messages regarding shipping details, payment details, etc. in completion of the transaction.

Buyer makes timely payment via paypal.

Seller receives paypal’s email notice of payment made & discovers the following note from Buyer therein:

Note from BUYER:

thank you? has this book been pressed? want to give it to a PROFESSIONAL PRESSER if it hasnt. if it has dont want to waste my money, BUYER

It seems to me he is asking if the book has been pressed.

If yes, he doesn't need to "waste his money" sending it to someone.

If no, he will be sending it off to press.

It doesn't appear that he is trying to back out of the deal. He just doesn't want to spend his money on pressing if it has already been done.

He just asked it in a very poor (ie, difficult to understand) manner.

At least, that's how I'm reading it.

It doesn't appear that he is trying to back out of the deal. He just doesn't want to spend his money on pressing if it has already been done.

Yup. That's how I got it too. Looks like it may have been a "Smartphone" message.

I don't see what the big deal is.

Guy paid. So what if he asks about pressing after the fact. He already went through with payment. Answer his question and ship him his book.

He already paid, he knows he paid and he knows he probably should've asked prior to bidding but he didn't. Oh well. You've got money in hand so until there's an indication that he would try to reneg on the deal somehow, i'd not be concerned and would simply answer the question. The book is his now. Who knows why he wants to press it? Maybe he's totally fine with not being able to press it.....hence why he's already paid.

Yup. That's how I got it too. Looks like it may have been a "Smartphone" message.

A-ha! Okay, that's more reasonable then. I took it as he didn't want the book now if it had been pressed already.

Too bad Tuppenny won't be posting in this thread again. I'm curious if he feels the book would benefit from a press, because pressing is not a panacea for all comic ills.

doh! Good lord, I've been tricked into posting in a pressing thread. On a Friday no less.

There is nothing more to add or explain about the facts.

There is! It would be extremely helpful to know if the Great and Almighty TuppennyConan assumed the buyer meant

1) he didn't want to waste his money on the purchase of the book if it were pressed

or

2) he didn't want to waste his money on having the book pressed if it was already pressed.

If the answer is #2 then this is the lamest thread ever. :slapfight:

This is nothing but a bunch of mutha pressing bull press!

Garsh Spoon it!

:P

Until the name of the dirt-bag presser is disclosed, this thread is worthless :sumo:

I like eggs!

Dogs eggs?

The Mighty Jeffro will not participate in any debate which may follow. All facts of any consequence are presented below, in full. There is nothing more to add or explain about the facts.