• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Fan Fest - lots of pics added

57 posts in this topic

Where's the wall books (shrug)

How many times can you look at Harley's wall?

Other than that, Graham Crackers had a small wall display, and that's about it.

I have lots of pics of Saturday that I'll post tomorrow morning, but nary a wall pic.

BTW, Saturday was an absolute zoo at the con. I arrived around 2:30pm and there were easily 2-3000 people still lined up outside. The fire marshal had closed the convention floor because of overcrowding, so they were only letting groups of people in once others left. This even applied to the Deluxe pass people who were coming back for a second day.

I had the Premium pass, which got me in a separate entrance with no line up. The convention floor was seriously packed, as were all the other areas inside the convention centre.

I think they misjudged just how popular this thing was going to be. They could have doubled the floor space.

When I left at 5:30, people were still lined up outside.

Lots o' pics tomorrow.

I got around to uploading the photos tonight, so here they are.

FAN FEST DAY 2

Walking towards the convention centre. That's Rogers Centre (formerly Skydome), home of the Blue Jays, ahead on the right. The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is next door to it.

DSC_0106.jpg

It's about 2:15 on Saturday afternoon. I turned the corner by the Rogers Centre, and faced this scene: thousands of people still lined up outside. All the way down the street, taking up the entire sidewalk and spilling out into the road. They'd put up barricades so people could line up in the street.

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

The Deluxe pass holders, and anyone who left the building for a break, could -- in theory -- re-enter via a separate door.

But at some point during the day, the fire marshal had them stop admitting people due to overcrowding - even the "re-entry" people had to wait in line until significant numbers of people had left. The re-entry line was impossibly long.

The guy with his hand on his head just about sums it up.

DSC_0115.jpg

Another view of the "re-entry" line:

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

And the less lovely Burt Ward, giving me the evil eye from at least 300 feet away.

It was just as I was taking this photo that an overly zealous young security woman swatted me on the head with a rolled up program and snapped "No photos!" at me.

DSC_0136.jpg