• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on High End Pricing?

13 posts in this topic

Greetings -

I recently submitted several books, and was fortunate enough to score very high grades on a few. Two of the silver age 9.8's I got have not had any recent sales according to GPA. I imagine looking at surrounding books with similar census data would be the best way to get an idea for a potential asking price. Any other advice how to come up with an idea of value? Both of the books in question seem to have populations right around the average for the title and period.

Incidentally, if anyone cares to offer an opinion, the books in question are FF 68 and TOS 89.

Thanks!

Dave

GPA doesn`t cover Comiclink, so you need to check if there`ve been any sales of books in those grades there. Unfortunately Comiclink doesn`t provide convenient historical prices so hopefully someone here who has tracked those books on Comiclink can tell you if there`ve been any 9.8 sales recently.

You could also look at the 9.6 prices in GPA and extrapolate, based on what other rarely transacted 9.8 books are doing compared to their 9.6 counterparts.

But why negotiate against yourself by setting a price? If they`re not common books, put them up for auction on Comiclink or eBay and let the crazies drive up the price for you.

But why negotiate against yourself by setting a price? If they`re not common books, put them up for auction on Comiclink or eBay and let the crazies drive up the price for you.

+1

All 3 of my 9.8's (Fantastic Four 59, Fantastic Four 68 and TOS 89) sold at the Javits Show

through a dealer I consigned them with. I was pleased that the "soft economy" didn't seem to

be an impediment to getting prices in line with recent Comiclink/GPA sales.

Anyone here take one home?

Certainly made up for all my SCS losses over the years and then some!

All 3 of my 9.8's (Fantastic Four 59, Fantastic Four 68 and TOS 89) sold at the Javits Show

through a dealer I consigned them with. I was pleased that the "soft economy" didn't seem to

was it Bechara who you consigned them through?

was it Bechara who you consigned them through?

Gary Platt.

I almost bought one of the books.

Greetings -

I recently submitted several books, and was fortunate enough to score very high grades on a few. Two of the silver age 9.8's I got have not had any recent sales according to GPA. I imagine looking at surrounding books with similar census data would be the best way to get an idea for a potential asking price. Any other advice how to come up with an idea of value? Both of the books in question seem to have populations right around the average for the title and period.

Incidentally, if anyone cares to offer an opinion, the books in question are FF 68 and TOS 89.

Thanks!

Dave

On the FF 68. The prices on 9.6's have been on a downward trend. No sales data on 9.8's at auction.

On TOS 89. Recently trending up on 9.6 sales, a couple of recent 9.8's reaching multiples of around 2-3x 9.6 prices (last 9.8 sale trending down)

Both books should break $1000 - not ultra rare as there are 4 Universal 9.8's graded for each.

On the FF 68. The prices on 9.6's have been on a downward trend. No sales data on 9.8's at auction.

On TOS 89. Recently trending up on 9.6 sales, a couple of recent 9.8's reaching multiples of around 2-3x 9.6 prices (last 9.8 sale trending down)

Both books should break $1000 - not ultra rare as there are 4 Universal 9.8's graded for each.

In fact, the FF 68 went for $2100 and the TOS 89 for $1540.

I assume you mean through a dealer/privately, not through auction.

I think so, as apparently Roy has confirmed local dealer Gary Platt sold them. Strong prices, and if I had to guess, Tommy B. or Doug bought them, but I really have no idea. Sure there could be someone else interested in 9.8s for those books.

I think so, as apparently Roy has confirmed local dealer Gary Platt sold them. Strong prices, and if I had to guess, Tommy B. or Doug bought them, but I really have no idea. Sure there could be someone else interested in 9.8s for those books.

The FF68 is a strong price, certainly. The TOS has had a recent sub-$1000 sale, so not too much over I guess.