• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Secret Copper Club!

49 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310249889863&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

:roflmao:

Toldya.

I guess it's hard to knock opportunists like this, but man, not everything that's rare is worth BIG MONEY!!!

And the real problem with all of this is that it misleads others who may also be selling into thinking what they have is valuable, and it ROBS THOSE PEOPLE OF FAIR MARKET SALES.

But hey, whatev! Greed rules!

If one of you is looking for this, and thinks this is worth the price, by all means, have fun!

(thumbs u

Not sure why this made the list, this is a book ive looked for for quite a while, is very rare and wanted by me. I knew about it before this post because i have a saved ebay search for it. Ive already made offers on it. I think you underestimate its value/rarity/demand, or i dont understand the purpose of this post.

Ive already made offers on it.

Do you know who this is, as you can send him a PM on here?

Nope, i made them through ebay. i asked for better scans, but ive not heard back. If anyone else has one to sell id love to see it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310249889863&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Toldya.

I guess it's hard to knock opportunists like this, but man, not everything that's rare is worth BIG MONEY!!!

And the real problem with all of this is that it misleads others who may also be selling into thinking what they have is valuable, and it ROBS THOSE PEOPLE OF FAIR MARKET SALES.

If one of you is looking for this, and thinks this is worth the price, by all means, have fun!

(thumbs u

Not sure why this made the list, this is a book ive looked for for quite a while, is very rare and wanted by me. I knew about it before this post because i have a saved ebay search for it. Ive already made offers on it. I think you underestimate its value/rarity/demand, or i dont understand the purpose of this post.

It is quite tough, and wanted by me as well. *I* knew about it before this thread, too, and as well have a saved eBay search.

But.

If you think I'm underestimating it's value/rarity/demand, please tell me why you haven't hit the BIN yet, and instead have chosen to make offers for LESS than what the seller is asking?

Because it's right there. If it was worth $45....and it's been seen by a good many of the people watching this thread....and we all acknowledge it's a REALLLLY tough book to find....then why is it still sitting there...?

Maybe because, instead of me UNDERestimating it's value, the seller has OVERestimated it....? Because I guarantee you, if it had been priced at $20, and I'd seen it first, it would no longer be for sale.

hm

Toldya.

(thumbs u

It is quite tough, and wanted by me as well. *I* knew about it before this thread, too, and as well have a saved eBay search.

But.

If you think I'm underestimating it's value/rarity/demand, please tell me why you haven't hit the BIN yet, and instead have chosen to make offers for LESS than what the seller is asking?

Because it's right there. If it was worth $45....and it's been seen by a good many of the people watching this thread....and we all acknowledge it's a REALLLLY tough book to find....then why is it still sitting there...?

Maybe because, instead of me UNDERestimating it's value, the seller has OVERestimated it....? Because I guarantee you, if it had been priced at $20, and I'd seen it first, it would no longer be for sale.

hm

I too want to pay less, at least for a VF.(listing says VFor better)

But i figure if i want it, there are other people that want it and maybe some of them want it more than i do.

Toldya.

(thumbs u

But.

hm

in all fairness, it's rather hard for the seller to gauge what a book like that is "worth". he'll see what it's worth by mulling over the offers. is that greed if the data might not be so obvious?