• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Secret Copper Club!

49 posts in this topic

lol

One of the problems I have noticed regarding my search for rare, but low demand books is that quite a few people read these boards....many, many more than post...

...and inevitably, as ocurred just last month with the Superman/Bradman book, I find some dealer who has read...or heard from someone who has read...about thus and such book being hard to find, and all of a sudden, the price seems to shoot WAYYYYYY up.

The Armbo comics Batman #492 3rd printing (THIRD printing!!!) example is the one that comes to mind. $35. For a THIRD printing of a dollar book!

(Yes, yes, I know....and it's my fault, too....that the 3rd is much harder to find than the first. I know.)

It almost makes me want to start a Secret Copper Club, by invite only...

So, to those of you who think it's cool to put a HUGE markup on a book because someone on this site said it was rare, but which clearly has no demand...CUT IT OUT.

There.

That'll teach 'em!

;)

Maybe this could be the Disinformation Thread. Ravage 2099 is getting hot. Turok 1s are getting $35 a piece. Someone has dug up all the buried Atari E.T. cartridges to meet the new increased demand . . . :ohnoez:

dude, to work it has to be semi-plausible.

then again, i have been diligently picking x-force 2s out of 50 cents and, sometimes, dollar boxes like a big dummy. only 1.8 million of those printed!

dude, to work it has to be semi-plausible.

then again, i have been diligently picking x-force 2s out of 50 cents and, sometimes, dollar boxes like a big dummy. only 1.8 million of those printed!

But it's NUMBER ONE :sumo::insane:

When I was asking about that Captain America book which turned out to be Marvel Novel #4 I went and looked on ebay and found 3. One that was listed for awhile and 2 that just appeared after my thread according to the dates. The one prior to my post was under $5 while the two posted after my thread where $30 and higher for the 2nd one and it was maybe a board member but someone I would think watches the threads that posted them on ebay that had the higher prices.

I think "the market" definitely watches these boards. While not the be-all, end-all for creating the markets, there is definitely an effect.

I think the thread about HG GL#76's definitley had a big effect on the market for the book, as well as the overstreet price corrections.

BA DC Horror books also saw an increased demand a few years ago. War books even more recently.