• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How well does Mile High Comics grade?

53 posts in this topic

I found a raw book on Mile Highs website listed as NM that I have been looking for in a high grade slab. If they grade accurately, I could just buy it raw and get it slabbed myself.

It's not an expensive book, but I don't want to waste my time if they don't grade accurately. I certainly don't need another copy of this book if it's not in high grade.

Also, do they package their books well for transit?

Thanks.

Their grading is quite laughable if youve seen any of the posts people put up about their grading. They dont even use VF as a grade! It goes from NM to Fine. This ought to be a good indicator of their grading prowess. crazy.gifmad.gifshocked.gif

They do SELL books as Very Fine, but they don't tell you what a Very Fine is by their grading standards. They have their own grading standards, check out the FAQ, and click the "grading standards" link. In their grading standards descriptions the grade description goes from NM/M to Fine. So yes they'll sell you a Very Fine book, but don't try and argue with them what a Very Fine is because they don't know. Maybe someone should ask our buddy Stevie Wonder about it? tongue.gif

The tightest graders are Metropolis, Jim Payette and Harley Yee

Perhaps, perhaps not. One thing is for certain: be prepared to pay WELL over guide with Metro & Yee, don't know about Payette.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics