• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Cho Painting Fetches 10k @ Baltimore Comic Con

33 posts in this topic

That's odd, Frank's never been anything but courteous, friendly, nice and jovial whenever I have seen him at a convention (which has been every year for the last 10 I think).

Maybe he's different towards different people and calling him "one of the worst" might apply to how he's been towards you but doesn't represent how he treats everyone else.

It's possible.

:cough cough: My reception sounds more like Tyler's than yours, Chris.

I am sure it's not just Tyler or you as well. However, since creators are not robots, I doubt they are programmed to treat all people the same way. I have my good and bad days, I am sure you do as well. I would bet Frank is no exception either.

There are dozens of people I know and that I have seen first hand get a smile and a kind greeting and have a laugh with Frank, but then it would just be a contest measuring how many people we can line up on both sides, when all I was trying to say is that one person's impression may not be the way he treats everyone and we can't call him a bad person because some people have had a less than positive experience.

I am not saying he's a saint who brings puppies back to life after they are struck by a truck. What I am saying is, my experience with him would seem to indicate that he is not mean or angry or surly to everyone and if that is true then it is unfair to lay a blanket generalization on him that he's "one of the worst".

That's odd, Frank's never been anything but courteous, friendly, nice and jovial whenever I have seen him at a convention (which has been every year for the last 10 I think).

Maybe he's different towards different people and calling him "one of the worst" might apply to how he's been towards you but doesn't represent how he treats everyone else.

It's possible.

I am sure it's not just Tyler or you as well. However, since creators are not robots, I doubt they are programmed to treat all people the same way. I have my good and bad days, I am sure you do as well. I would bet Frank is no exception either.

There are dozens of people I know and that I have seen first hand get a smile and a kind greeting and have a laugh with Frank, but then it would just be a contest measuring how many people we can line up on both sides, when all I was trying to say is that one person's impression may not be the way he treats everyone and we can't call him a bad person because some people have had a less than positive experience.

I am not saying he's a saint who brings puppies back to life after they are struck by a truck. What I am saying is, my experience with him would seem to indicate that he is not mean or angry or surly to everyone and if that is true then it is unfair to lay a blanket generalization on him that he's "one of the worst".

Nor was I trying to say that he drowned kittens in potato sacks. If I had a good relationship with Frank, I'd be all over defending him. Instead, I'll say that his reputation stands and if we were to try and form lines, I'd wager one would be much longer than the other.

The good day/bad day thing gets thrown out a lot as a defense. I personally think that these guys owe the fans nothing. They are at events to, most likely, make money. It's up to the customer to determine whether or not they will spend any dollars with the artist. If someone wants to be a perpetual , go for it; perhaps it's the convention and the fans that are making them crabby, perhaps it's their actual personality. They don't owe anyone anything, instead they should be true to themselves.

In the end, it's the customer that gets to make the decision whether they were treated well and whether they choose to support the business.

Echoing comix4fun, people have good and bad days. I have met Frank several times going to Marc's shop (Mr. Baltimore Comic Con).

Frank seems to be there every once in a while just hanging out and has always been approachable and friendly.

all I was trying to say is that one person's impression may not be the way he treats everyone and we can't call him a bad person because some people have had a less than positive experience.

Where the hell am I? Is this an internet discussion forum or a support group meeting? That is an entirely too fairly worded and enlightened view to post. And from a lawyer no less. All my stereotypes are being shattered at once.

Somebody better call someone a name soon. All this saccharine is bad for my teeth.

all I was trying to say is that one person's impression may not be the way he treats everyone and we can't call him a bad person because some people have had a less than positive experience.

Where the hell am I? Is this an internet discussion forum or a support group meeting? That is an entirely too fairly worded and enlightened view to post. And from a lawyer no less. All my stereotypes are being shattered at once.

Somebody better call someone a name soon. All this saccharine is bad for my teeth.

yeah, getting sappy. im just trying to stick up for a fellow yellow! :grin:

It's possible.

Nor was I trying to say that he drowned kittens in potato sacks. If I had a good relationship with Frank, I'd be all over defending him. Instead, I'll say that his reputation stands and if we were to try and form lines, I'd wager one would be much longer than the other.

The good day/bad day thing gets thrown out a lot as a defense. I personally think that these guys owe the fans nothing. They are at events to, most likely, make money. It's up to the customer to determine whether or not they will spend any dollars with the artist. If someone wants to be a perpetual , go for it; perhaps it's the convention and the fans that are making them crabby, perhaps it's their actual personality. They don't owe anyone anything, instead they should be true to themselves.

In the end, it's the customer that gets to make the decision whether they were treated well and whether they choose to support the business.

I have no doubt that he is great with some people. I am just a case on the other side of the fence, and it is not based on one interaction. I have been to many many cons, and always wander by Franks booth (since I love his art, i am a sucker). But every time he is not friendly, not talkative, and just kinda cold. Hell, it was a real disappointment this year at SDCC when I brought my fiance and she went to talk to him and he said all of two words to her. That was kinda the last straw.

Any ways, on another not, I wasn't referring to the body so much as being chubby, its the face, and the cheeks. But after seeing the model he used (thanks for the pick (thumbs u I have to say, still looks chubby to me.