• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Self imposed 3 month comic fast

50 posts in this topic

A big part of it is what you eat, how much you eat, and when you eat.

Eat small balanced meals filled with good foods 5x a day before 7pm, and your energy levels will skyrocket.

True enough, for some people. I personally eat two meals a day...one at mid day and one in the evening.

I also like 2 meals a day....both of them right now :sumo: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have actually not bought a single item for my collection in six months :o

There have been a few items I was interested in but didn't want to pay what they were asking or went for in the auction. This includes both comics and comic art. Now I did just look at what will be in the next CLINK auction and there are definitely a few books I would like to have that I will bid on more agressively so maybe in a few months I will break my fast. What I am doing differently is make sure I buy thing for my long term collection, NO IMPULSE BUYS!!!

Nothing wrong with having a hobby, or hobbies, as long as they don't take over your life. At some point we all come to realize that what's important to us really doesn't include comics, or TV, or watching sport, or work, or any multitude of other things, but how we deal with others on a daily basis on a personal level.

In saying that though this hobby can sometimes help emphasize what is important in life, like when people have found encouragement, empathy & support from others on here.

I only know you through what I see on these boards but I always enjoy your posts and I like Plastic Man so don't stay away for too long.

And here's an apt simile that a good friend of mine mentioned to me today: sometimes we become so stretched in life with all the numerous things that we take on, that we become like a rubber band that's been pulled so far apart that it's starting to fray in parts and just about to hit the point where it snaps, so we need to relax for a bit to regain our strength, calm & perspective.

It sounded much better when she said it to me but I hope you get the point.

Take it easy (thumbs u

Yea...... I had to do it. I've come to the place where I've realised I need to disconnnect for awhile. I'll still browse the forums and post a bit....... say HI...make a comment or two.... but I have deleted ALL ebay acution bookmarks and comic searches. I won't be searching the COMIC LINK auctions..... the HERITAGE auctions....... or the EBAY auctions..... OR the sales threads........ until Dec. 1, 2010 .... or maybe January.

My time and money just need to go in other directions for awhile and I have realised that I will NEVER catch up on all the cool books I would like to own. Its not a race....... its a hobby and I need to be having fun doing it and being involved in it....not being tormented by it. Sometimes...... I see so many......SO MANY books that I just want to get ...... and the only way to do it is to disconnect from the real world of family, responsibilities, and home improvements...... and go after them. That is not the answer or correct decision. I'm really happy to have met whoever around here considers me a friend....... but my sig line books.......... are going to look like that for the next 3 months. That is if I have the strength. I love old comics......... I sometimes don't know why they are so cool to me...... I just love them.

I think it will mostly be ok....cuz not too many people really give a rip about Plastic Man......and that leaves me alot of room to move.

Anyways....... just wanted to say it/type it out....... cuz I needed to. I'm also cutting out my computer gaming....... and cutting WAY back on my beer drinking. What does this mean ?? Nothing......... its just a fast. And that can only be a good thing.......especially when its over and I come back and buy something......woo hoo........ Looking forward to that day.

Thanks to anyone who has read all this rambling......... and might actually even comment something supportive....... Peace to you......

(thumbs u I am with you brother!

Mike, it will be a lesser place with out you around in the coming months :( Glad to hear you getting it all in perspective as it's great to step back from things when you feel then over taking other aspects of your life. I hope to see you back here in the new year full of life and vigour for the hobby and sharing lots of great stories about what you've done with your time away from the hobby.

Take care mate (thumbs u

Its not a race....... its just a fast.
hm

Ricky Ricky Ricky (tsk)

Please make it a fast fast.

Bought any "autographed 8x10 B & W glossies of famous people" lately ?? :insane:

Mike, it will be a lesser place with out you around in the coming months :( Glad to hear you getting it all in perspective as it's great to step back from things when you feel then over taking other aspects of your life. I hope to see you back here in the new year full of life and vigour for the hobby and sharing lots of great stories about what you've done with your time away from the hobby.

Take care mate (thumbs u

Thanks Gary. I hope to be back in time to participate in the Secret Santa gift exchange this year. I love trying to give a really cool gift :wishluck: