• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Self imposed 3 month comic fast

50 posts in this topic

Yea...... I had to do it. I've come to the place where I've realised I need to disconnnect for awhile. I'll still browse the forums and post a bit....... say HI...make a comment or two.... but I have deleted ALL ebay acution bookmarks and comic searches. I won't be searching the COMIC LINK auctions..... the HERITAGE auctions....... or the EBAY auctions..... OR the sales threads........ until Dec. 1, 2010 .... or maybe January.

My time and money just need to go in other directions for awhile and I have realised that I will NEVER catch up on all the cool books I would like to own. Its not a race....... its a hobby and I need to be having fun doing it and being involved in it....not being tormented by it. Sometimes...... I see so many......SO MANY books that I just want to get ...... and the only way to do it is to disconnect from the real world of family, responsibilities, and home improvements...... and go after them. That is not the answer or correct decision. I'm really happy to have met whoever around here considers me a friend....... but my sig line books.......... are going to look like that for the next 3 months. That is if I have the strength. I love old comics......... I sometimes don't know why they are so cool to me...... I just love them.

I think it will mostly be ok....cuz not too many people really give a rip about Plastic Man......and that leaves me alot of room to move.

Anyways....... just wanted to say it/type it out....... cuz I needed to. I'm also cutting out my computer gaming....... and cutting WAY back on my beer drinking. What does this mean ?? Nothing......... its just a fast. And that can only be a good thing.......especially when its over and I come back and buy something......woo hoo........ Looking forward to that day.

Thanks to anyone who has read all this rambling......... and might actually even comment something supportive....... Peace to you......

and in the meantime.... :popcorn:

No hobby should have precedence over your life's responsibilities and needs but it does serve a purpose in your health and long term spiritual well being.

It sounds like you have already realized that and are well on your way to re-balancing your portfolio. :applause:

I can't wait to hear your life's adventures when you do return on my birthday :)

Yea...... I had to do it. I've come to the place where I've realised I need to disconnnect for awhile. I'll still browse the forums and post a bit....... say HI...make a comment or two.... but I have deleted ALL ebay acution bookmarks and comic searches. I won't be searching the COMIC LINK auctions..... the HERITAGE auctions....... or the EBAY auctions..... OR the sales threads........ until Dec. 1, 2010 .... or maybe January.

My time and money just need to go in other directions for awhile and I have realised that I will NEVER catch up on all the cool books I would like to own. Its not a race....... its a hobby and I need to be having fun doing it and being involved in it....not being tormented by it. Sometimes...... I see so many......SO MANY books that I just want to get ...... and the only way to do it is to disconnect from the real world of family, responsibilities, and home improvements...... and go after them. That is not the answer or correct decision. I'm really happy to have met whoever around here considers me a friend....... but my sig line books.......... are going to look like that for the next 3 months. That is if I have the strength. I love old comics......... I sometimes don't know why they are so cool to me...... I just love them.

I think it will mostly be ok....cuz not too many people really give a rip about Plastic Man......and that leaves me alot of room to move.

Anyways....... just wanted to say it/type it out....... cuz I needed to. I'm also cutting out my computer gaming....... and cutting WAY back on my beer drinking. What does this mean ?? Nothing......... its just a fast. And that can only be a good thing.......especially when its over and I come back and buy something......woo hoo........ Looking forward to that day.

Thanks to anyone who has read all this rambling......... and might actually even comment something supportive....... Peace to you......

and in the meantime.... :popcorn:

Mike, don't stay away too long, you are one of my favorite posters and you are even nicer in person.

What will you do with your time if you cut back on comics, video games and :shudder: beer?

Sounds like you're writing my biography - except for the computer gaming part...., nerd :baiting:

Good luck and see you soon :thumbsup:

I'm a month or two into a fast of sorts. It's never got in the way of family, or responsibilities, but if I kept buying I'd be sitting on a mountain of comics. I need to focus, sells some fodder, and begin anew.

Good luck on your prioritization.

I've been spending too much too. I have a couple of bids in the Comic Connect Auction, but after that I'm going to curb my purchases for at least a few months.