• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic store owner shoots robbery suspects..again

155 posts in this topic

Just wondering what the comments would be on here if the headline was: Comic Shop Owner Shot & Killed By Burglars. hm

I would think he would be rather dumb hanging out in his store at 3:00 a.m. without protection when he could have easily taken all of his really valuable items home with him.

So he now needs to take all of the comics/cards that he considers valuable home with him???

I've been to his store he doesn't have many valuable comics. Mostly just new books with variants behind his glass. How hard could it be to take home cards fer chrissake?

Who's to say what he considers valuable. Every piece of merchandise could be valuable to him. Which to say is probably why he stayed the night at his place of business.

Just wondering what the comments would be on here if the headline was: Comic Shop Owner Shot & Killed By Burglars. hm

I would think he would be rather dumb hanging out in his store at 3:00 a.m. without protection when he could have easily taken all of his really valuable items home with him.

So he now needs to take all of the comics/cards that he considers valuable home with him???

I've been to his store he doesn't have many valuable comics. Mostly just new books with variants behind his glass. How hard could it be to take home cards fer chrissake?

He shouldn't have to. His store. His property. A criminal paid the price for his actions.

WTTB! I dont know why people cant just have their own opinions without being called ignorant? Personally I think that we lost our way years ago. Any person can make any decision in life if they are hard for cash, this decision was a poor one. If the guy who owned the shop was killed then what? He should have had alarms? Any number of things could have happened in this scenario, this is just how it played out. I dont feel any remorse for any man who would steal from another man. There is ALWAYS another way, so dont come at me with some turn the other cheek nonsense. The man protected his property, IMO he was doing the right thing.

And if you could, let me know the percentage of criminals who leave the scene of a breaking and entering job and are later caught by the police? I would love to know how many cases end up with the criminal later being caught and the victims posessions returned.

Pat, possessions come and go.

Lives don't.

The issue isn't that the owner wasn't entitled to 'defend' his property. My problem will always be with using a level of force commensurate with the 'crime' and level of danger.

Oh, and there will be many here that were nothing like angels when they were young and yet grew up into responsible members of society. Just because you're an arse when you're young doesn't mean you need to be wiped from the gene pool.

:applause:

WTTB! I dont know why people cant just have their own opinions without being called ignorant? Personally I think that we lost our way years ago. Any person can make any decision in life if they are hard for cash, this decision was a poor one. If the guy who owned the shop was killed then what? He should have had alarms? Any number of things could have happened in this scenario, this is just how it played out. I dont feel any remorse for any man who would steal from another man. There is ALWAYS another way, so dont come at me with some turn the other cheek nonsense. The man protected his property, IMO he was doing the right thing.

And if you could, let me know the percentage of criminals who leave the scene of a breaking and entering job and are later caught by the police? I would love to know how many cases end up with the criminal later being caught and the victims posessions returned.

Pat, possessions come and go.

Lives don't.

The issue isn't that the owner wasn't entitled to 'defend' his property. My problem will always be with using a level of force commensurate with the 'crime' and level of danger.

Oh, and there will be many here that were nothing like angels when they were young and yet grew up into responsible members of society. Just because you're an arse when you're young doesn't mean you need to be wiped from the gene pool.

:applause:

+1,0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

This thread is creepy.

(thumbs u And very entertaining.

I can't look away, so I guess you're right. :popcorn:

I think it's great, the owner was not harmed and he killed a thief, there was no possible better outcome (save the the thief not being there to begin with). I do feel sorry for the owner, it's no fun to have to shoot somebody in self defense, only bloodthirsty killers will enjoy killing somebody. I bet he won't sleep well for a long time, god bless him for standing up for himself and his property.

This whole thread will come dangerously close to politics, and what side of the fence your on.

We could all move to the UK, handguns are illegal there, so they have no more robberies. Hardy har har

They use knives to commit crimes.

I hate to take the easy way out but wouldn`t insurance have covered this? isn`t that better then him sleeping in his store all night and shooting and killing someones father,yes a bad judgement call by the robber as his daughter does not have a father now but really is taking someones father`s life neccessary when insurance would have covered it? Are a few baseball cards and comicbooks that have a value of a few hundred dollars worth someones fathers life?

Who do you think will now be paying thousands of dollars to now raise his daughter? It usually ends up the tax payers, ala welfare now.

The taxpayer's / other insurance holders usually end up paying for the insurance as well. I would rather have one more scumbag gone, than pay for his future life of crime. :shrug:

not condoning a robbery but your view is crazy.

My step son is almost 19 and has been locked up off and on since he was 13....mostly B&E and assault. He's out now and actually has a job and a serious girlfriend. He's doing good now and his attitude is much more mature. I think he may have finally turned the corner. I'm SO glad no one whacked him while he was doing something stupid.

(thumbs u

The punishment should fit the crime. A death sentence for B & E would never be entertained in a court, so it shouldn't be applauded on the streets.

If the guy who owned the shop was killed then what? He should have had alarms? Any number of things could have happened in this scenario , this is just how it played out. I dont feel any remorse for any man who would steal from another man. There is ALWAYS another way, so dont come at me with some turn the other cheek nonsense. The man protected his property, IMO he was doing the right thing.

+1

Some people dont take the time to think how this scenario could have played out if the guy didnt defend his property. How many times do we here a shop owner was shot in the head over a few bucks in the cash drawer. Wife beaten and raped or the whole family shot. Someone that breaks in your house or business isnt there to give you a Chocolate Sunday. They are there to do harm and take anything they can get.

Just glad we have a right to carry law in Indiana. I dont have to tell anyone on here what the outcome would be for late night break in at my house. Your off to the next world.

DR.X

If the guy who owned the shop was killed then what? He should have had alarms? Any number of things could have happened in this scenario , this is just how it played out. I dont feel any remorse for any man who would steal from another man. There is ALWAYS another way, so dont come at me with some turn the other cheek nonsense. The man protected his property, IMO he was doing the right thing.

+1

Some people dont take the time to think how this scenario could have played out if the guy didnt defend his property. How many times do we here a shop owner was shot in the head over a few bucks in the cash drawer. Wife beaten and raped or the whole family shot. Someone that breaks in your house or business isnt there to give you a Chocolate Sunday. They are there to do harm and take anything they can get.

Just glad we have a right to carry law in Indiana. I dont have to tell anyone on here what the outcome would be for late night break in at my house. Your off to the next world.

DR.X

Your post is so manly I find myself turned on against my will.

By the way, if I was the one breaking into your house at night, it wouldn't be me heading for the next world.

Please understand--this is in no way a threat and I am a pacifist.

My point is--if you think having a gun means you are safe you are fooling yourself.

+1

DR.X

By the way, if I was the one breaking into your house at night, it wouldn't be me heading for the next world.

My point is--if you think having a gun means you are safe you are fooling yourself.

How old are you? You talk like your about 15.

DR.X

+1

DR.X

That's not a threat?? lol

If some liberals "can't understand conservative values" I'm guessing it's because some conservatives can't either. And anybody who says a blanket statement like "(all) liberals are ignorant" is one of those clueless people who call themselves "conservative" without having any idea what it really means.

It may be "conservative" to say you should have the freedom to use lethal force against anyone whom you legitimately feel poses a physical threat to you in your own home. In fact, this so-called "liberal" (called that not by myself but others) believes you should be able to do that, and has a couple of weapons in the house if it should become necessary.

But it is not "conservative" or civilized or even mentally stable to lie in wait, foregoing all readily available non-lethal options for protecting your property, so you can kill someone who posed no physical harm to you.

I believe for 1000's of years people and groups of people have been posting guards for protection. In modern times we have police, who can't be everywhere.

So this person chose to post guard. His right.

And you have no idea whether he felt like someone meant him physical harm.

I apologize for my, "all liberals are ignorant" comment. I was just being dramatic...

+1

DR.X

That's not a threat?? lol

I didn't read it as a threat. I read it as him trying to make the point that in many cases the person owning the gun to defend property is the one who gets shot.

I dont have to tell anyone on here what the outcome would be for late night break in at my house. Your off to the next world.

Ok, so what if you caught someone on your property, and after they see your gun they proceed to run away. Is it still justifiable to kill them, even if they are retreating?

Listen, I'm all for defending myself, but there are various non-lethal ways to do that in a civil society. Situations which truly call for lethal force are very rare.

+1

DR.X

How old are you? You talk like your about 15.

DR.X

zit popping shill!

:cloud9: