• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

in 10 years would you buy a red label???

10 posts in this topic

if you saw a book you really wanted 10 years from now that was in the old red cgc label modern slab would you buy or not?even though it would be way past time to change that book into another slab i would still buy it as long as it looked ok to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, no problem. The unfounded rumor is that books in red labels are good candidates for resubs anyway, but like you said...if it looks ok I wouldn't have a problem with it.

thats a good point doc i have around 100 or so red labels and they imo really do look a lot better than most of the blue in the same grade.i know there were rumors about the reds being grader stricter but from mine thats no rumor but a fact. tongue.gif

thats a good point doc i have around 100 or so red labels and they imo really do look a lot better than most of the blue in the same grade.i know there were rumors about the reds being grader stricter but from mine thats no rumor but a fact. tongue.gif

thumbsup2.gif

No problem with it. The do not deteriorate, just don't guarantee the the paper still works (if it ever did?).

IMO a good way to make a fe bucks on reholdering thumbsup2.gif You should be able to judge the book by the cover 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I still have Spider-man #1 and Adventures of Superman #500 in the

cheap "these plastic baggies will eat your comics" wrappers...

They don't seem to be deteriorating as quickly as originally feared.

I'll take a CGC holder over a "trash bag with a big S on it" any day.

I shy away from them even now, and not due to something like "micro-chamber paper", but simply from the higher probability of shipping/shifting damage.

I tend to go for CGC books with the new label if I can, in the hope that they are being sold by the submitter. As Joe said there are lots of CGC books out there that have been flipped numerous times and have put in a lot of postal worker miles. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif Red label books are prime candidates to be of a lesser grade now than when they were slabbed.