• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction results

86 posts in this topic

How far we are from the ninth inning depends, at least in terms of Marvel SA, on how far we are from Brulato cashing out. The selling of his collection will bring about the apocalypse. :grin:

I can't really see that. I have to think he's had deep pockets since before he was your age; what does he do, I think he owns a manufacturing company of some type? I know he was spending $100K+ on books in the mid-90s, and that's a lot of money for that time period. Then and now, few Marvel collectors were matching his spending power, so if he sold it all, it'd just dip from the huge prices he's been forced to pay in recent years for some of his 9.8s. His collection would get split between the others you see at the top of the registry and the others who aren't listed there.

I don't know. I've always wondered whether or not the market could absorb his collection. I really don't know, but I feel like it wouldn't be able to.

As for what he does; not sure, but I heard something about a family business, which might explain why he had that kind of spending power from such a young age.

Yeah, Tom has the benefit of family money...and not an insubstantial amount.

I think his work involves 'playing the markets', more or less.

the Avengers 1 9.2 is a legit win...not by me but I know the winner

It can't be true. All Pedigree auctions must be fake! :o

:gossip:

Just kidding...but it sure seems that is what most here believe (contrary to other facts)

Just kidding...but it sure seems that is what most here believe (contrary to other facts)

This is some ridiculous hyperbole. I think some legitimate concerns have been voiced about suspicious activity. But no one has suggested that all of them are fake or even most.

This is some ridiculous hyperbole. I think some legitimate concerns have been voiced about suspicious activity. But no one has suggested that all of them are fake or even most.
Pretty much. The wins that fall in line and make sense arent the ones generally questioned. Its when a book sells for thousands above FMV and is offered up for sale again after a week that suspicion rises.

You are right...it is hyperbole. Hence the reason why I said I was kidding. However there are posts like this that imply shenenagans are going on (but I've yet to see proof of it to date...not saying it isn't true though...proof would be nice though):

the spdiey 40 9.8 brought $30k and the avengers 1 9.2 $35k

discuss

Actually, instead of discussing it, how about proving it? meh

How does the Pedigree auction work, are all of the auctions extended if a bid comes in at the end? I only really noticed one doing that, I had to leave before the ASM's come up. I bid on the #2 but the reserve wasn't met. Several others looked promising before I left, but they all finally reached normal prices. I won the just #103. Regards,

Oh, You create a fake account and bid up books. And THAT is how it works. :insane:

Sure seems like a lot of doubt that the auctions are real and that the actual sales don't happen.

Mark, we both know that I have no faith in the owner of the auction house.

Completely agree with you. Neither do I.

Things seem to get a little overblown about it here though. So when a person posts that someone really won an auction of a HG book...it's refreshing to hear that at least something "right" is going on there.

How far we are from the ninth inning depends, at least in terms of Marvel SA, on how far we are from Brulato cashing out. The selling of his collection will bring about the apocalypse. :grin:

I can't really see that. I have to think he's had deep pockets since before he was your age; what does he do, I think he owns a manufacturing company of some type? I know he was spending $100K+ on books in the mid-90s, and that's a lot of money for that time period. Then and now, few Marvel collectors were matching his spending power, so if he sold it all, it'd just dip from the huge prices he's been forced to pay in recent years for some of his 9.8s. His collection would get split between the others you see at the top of the registry and the others who aren't listed there.

Tom is still actively collecting as well. He is a big time collector and really enjoys the hobby. Don't see him cashing out anytime soon.

You are right...it is hyperbole. Hence the reason why I said I was kidding. However there are posts like this that imply shenenagans are going on (but I've yet to see proof of it to date...not saying it isn't true though...proof would be nice though):

the spdiey 40 9.8 brought $30k and the avengers 1 9.2 $35k

discuss

Actually, instead of discussing it, how about proving it? meh

How does the Pedigree auction work, are all of the auctions extended if a bid comes in at the end? I only really noticed one doing that, I had to leave before the ASM's come up. I bid on the #2 but the reserve wasn't met. Several others looked promising before I left, but they all finally reached normal prices. I won the just #103. Regards,

Oh, You create a fake account and bid up books. And THAT is how it works. :insane:

Sure seems like a lot of doubt that the auctions are real and that the actual sales don't happen.

All auctions are open to question at Pedigree.

All.

Of.

Them.

That doesn't mean that they are all fraudulent.

It simply means that they are all open to question.

C'mon...it's not actually that difficult. :/

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=31832

I am surprised little has been mentioned of this hard to find item

CGC appears to have missed deducting for those random silver pen squiggles on the front cover while grading that. :screwy: Liefeld has a really attractive sig...what language does he sign his name in? It certainly isn't an English character set. :eyeroll:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=31832

I am surprised little has been mentioned of this hard to find item

CGC appears to have missed deducting for those random silver pen squiggles on the front cover while grading that. :screwy: Liefeld has a really attractive sig...what language does he sign his name in? It certainly isn't an English character set. :eyeroll:

I agree that is one boring/ugly sig.

I am not a fan of SS but that is my personal preference but the placement and color used for this sig is very poor.

1) I'd like to applaud the OP for his amazing restraint in the use of caps and exclamation points.

Actually, after seeing some of the prices that were just paid in this auction, I feel the need to borrow a page from Ben's old playbook:

MORE INCREDIBLE SALES FROM DOUG SCHMELL!!!!!!!

HOW DOES HE DO IT???!!!!!!!!

shill bidding (shrug)