• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City 2

229 posts in this topic

I will gladly pay for anyone's 44 cent fee if you come to the auction!!!!

Hell, I might even give you 45 cents.

What's really funny is that you appear to either not get or not care about the message you've sent to your prospective customers. By sending them unsolicited mail that requires the recipient to pay for the unwanted item, you've taken a wizz on a windy day on your customer base.

The amount may be small, but the feeling it imparts is not all that different from those evoked by overcharging for shipping, or making customers wait a month before receiving delivery of their purchased items.

Envelope.jpg

Could the postal problem be with where the stamp is positioned on the envelope?

Even though this is oversize would you not put the stamp in the other corner just like a regular envelope then reposition the addresses?

If only there was some convenient indicator to point to where a stamp should have been placed....

:grin: awesome

I was watching the auction for a little bit this morning. Somebody is taking a bath on this kind of stuff. After the CGC grading fees shipping costs, there can't be much left over. Also, doesn't mixing all of these lots in with other higher value books just brings the price of the better stuff down?

mound_city_screen_capture.png

I was watching the auction for a little bit this morning. Somebody is taking a bath on this kind of stuff. After the CGC grading fees shipping costs, there can't be much left over. Also, doesn't mixing all of these lots in with other higher value books just brings the price of the better stuff down?

mound_city_screen_capture.png

Ouchie!

I love baths :cloud9:

Who gets craaap like this slabbed, anyway? Need confirmation that it's low-grade?

But there is only 88 graded higher. (shrug)
Only 1248 higher on the Cap 3.0. Gosh, I hope they weren't hoping for a 3.5.

Even though the original Mound City comic auction was rife with payment and shipping problems, I was still going to take a chance and on the latest, in spite of the hurdles, and throw down some bids on a batch of books I wanted, until I saw that damn envelope and decided it just wasn't worth the gamble.

Even though the original Mound City comic auction was rife with payment and shipping problems, I was still going to take a chance and on the latest, in spite of the hurdles, and throw down some bids on a batch of books I wanted, until I saw that damn envelope and decided it just wasn't worth the gamble.

I was the opposite from you. As a result of the payment and shipping problems I decided to skip Mound City auctions in the future. The envelope issue and the graded drek in the auction just reconfirmed to me that I had made the right decision. I'm not surprised prices did not do so well.

I can't get Java to work for the bidding ???

I gave up yesterday and placed zero bids. It says my java is working and is correct but I still can't get it to open the bidding ???

Perhaps it is a sign to not bid (shrug)

Mine is working now..auction was delayed until 1:30 est today