• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me grade this Spidey#1

13 posts in this topic

9.0 if there is no spine splitting (see back cover). If there is spine splitting, then the grade depends on the degree of the split.

Took awhile for the scans to load... tongue.gif

Man, that spine stress runs the entire length of the spine.

I don't know how that could be better than Fine (6.0)? confused.gif

No, a spine split is an actual tear of the paper with separation.

What it looks like you have is some color loss along the spine. Is this something that happened as a printing defect, or does it look like it was just caused by the flaking of the paper when the cover was folded? This is not unusual on cardstock covers like this one. Assuming that it's just normal color flaking, the book is still probably an 8.0, maybe 8.5.

The spine seems to have spilt almost the entire length of the comic. (I think splitting means there is a color break between the front & back covers along the staples?)

Was it that extensive? It looks like more color was actually scraped off than usual on the Spidey #1, which could be more of a defect than the lighter flaking that we see on newer cardstock covers.

I got 9.6's on a JLA #1 with color flaking.