• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes - 9th Wonders by MarkFaust

3 posts in this topic

CGC won't grade the prop comics?

Ok, i'm the number 1 Heroes collector fan of comics. The only comics i'm still working on are the 9th Wonders issues put out by Uncle Burk's Fine Comics. They were prop comics for the tv show before the Devil (a.k.a. NBC) canceled it. I have 3 of these comics, numbers 9, 13 and 30. 2 of them are graded 9.8 by PGX and i have another one that i anticipate to be the same grade or better when i send it in. However, i'm a stickler to details. ALL of my Heroes/9th Wonders comics by Helix Comics Group are graded by CGC. But CGC won't grade the prop comics so PGX steals their business. So, my question is ....WHY? Why won't CGC grade these?

Also, if anyone else has 9.8 prop issues of 9th Wonders for sale, please let me know.

See more journals by MarkFaust

The reason is the prop comics were stolen/ extra copies made and sold without NBC/Jeph Loeb/Tim Kring Permission. When CGC found this out they stoped grading the prop comics and informed Mr. Loeb that they would no longer grade them due to the legal issues surrounding the theft fraud surrounding the prop comics.