• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard Big Apple Comic Con Oct 1-3 NYC, Penn Plaza Pavilion

62 posts in this topic

Skipping it this year since this show is too close to NYCC. Maybe next year!

+1. I feel bad for the exhibitors, but Wizard knew what it was doing when they decided to play chicken with the schedule by bumping it up against NYCC. Not to mention the admission price is higher than usual.

Are all the regular back issue dealers going to be there? I imagine some of them will just stay in the city through the week to set up at the other con.

CGC will be on site.

They aren't doing on-site grading?

Nope. And I while I love the national and wish it was in the fall and wish Carbo success in his shows, I just can't justify going to NY two weeks in a row, and frankly NYCC is a clearly superior show.

Also, Wizard should be punished for doing something that really hurts the fans.

+1 if it were november I would go. But really horrible move to try and compete with NYCC. NYCC is three times as large, and has already built its reputation. WWBA is only going on its second year. And now there is no end of the year show.

online at www.wizardworld.com/bigapple.html at up to a 15% savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are $25; three-day weekend tickets are $45, and tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available.

For more Big Apple Comic Con guest and programming updates, become a fan of BIG APPLE COMIC CON on Facebook, Myspace, Yahoo Groups, and follow on Twitter!

Save up to 15 percent off the price of tickets by ordering your tickets in advance. Tickets are more at the door.

Ticket Price at the door $30

Ticket Price online $25 + $4.87 convience fee = $29.87

13 cents saving online :whee:

Skipping it this year since this show is too close to NYCC. Maybe next year!

+1. I feel bad for the exhibitors, but Wizard knew what it was doing when they decided to play chicken with the schedule by bumping it up against NYCC. Not to mention the admission price is higher than usual.

Are all the regular back issue dealers going to be there? I imagine some of them will just stay in the city through the week to set up at the other con.

Have you seen hotel prices in NYC? I'd be shocked if many of them are just vacationing for a week in NYC, but if you're going to do both shows, I'd imagine that's feasible. I think World Wide is only doing one show and I'm betting there are many other dealers who will only view it as worthwhile to do one show. Guys who are close, like Storms or Metro, could obviously do both and may actually have an advantage because there won't be as many noteworthy dealers there.

Yeah, that's a good point. Hotel prices for an extra four nights would definitely blow a hole in their profits, so it's probably not feasible. Just a shame for dealers like Harley, Ted etc. that have such a long trek to get here.

I think it's sad they chose to pit one con against the other. I'd like to have gone to both, but even living nearby doesn't justify spending the price of admission to 2 shows in the span of one week.

I think it's sad they chose to pit one con against the other. I'd like to have gone to both, but even living nearby doesn't justify spending the price of admission to 2 shows in the span of one week.

totally agree. I'd love to have gone to both.

Not only that, have you seen the talent? It's all fill with non-comic related talent. Do comic collectors care about the guy from Survivor or the guy from Big Brother and the has-been wrestlers? I mean really............. (shrug)

They even have Mile High Chuck as a comic talent: http://www.wizardworld.com/chuckrozanski.html

How desperate is that??? :insane: :insane:

We'll be at both. We got a lot of new comics in. Golden age to Modern.

You sell comics?!?

They specialize in CGC books that are missing pages....It's a niche market.

:baiting:

lol very niche. Actually we got some real nice stuff in. Bought out a storage unit and some guy's collection. Still sorting it out. Hope to have it ready for tomorow.