• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warning..Iron Man...Color touched..

41 posts in this topic

Just wanted to warn whomever it may concern about this book that I purchased via BIN a little while ago.

Upon recieving the book it was obvious that the black areas on the cover were touched up with a black marker. The seller gave me no problem with returning the book and refunding the money but now he is re-listing the book without any mention of the color touch. mad.gif

Here's his response!!!! mad.gif

"It's not a scan of the book I am selling, It is a digitally remastered picture

of the cover from WIZARD WORLD dot com, it is just for demonstrative purposes

only. My book obviously isn't that white, it never was that white. Any

questions? Thank you for your interest in TommyVercettiGTA auctions. Have a good

holiday."

Damn liar liar liar liar. mad.gif

Here is the email that I just sent to him...

Is this the same book that I had returned to you becuase it was color touched? If so shouldn't you mention the color touch in your item description.

I will post the response...

You know, I'm really sick of selling comics on ebay, and I'm sure it's sellers like this that are wrecking things. I sell raw books and meticulously note every possible flaw. Most people who buy my books either say they were exactly as described or better. I've yet to have anyone complain. But because so many sellers are dishonest about descriptions, I can only sell for small fractions of guide, because no one expects the books to be honestly presented. There appears to be no way to fight the hoardes of dishonest sellers unless I were to CGC every book, and that's impossible. Not only would it cost me far more than I can afford, most of the books aren't NM, and no one seems to want CGC books in less than 9.x's. It's rock and hard place selling raw on ebay.

I guess I'm just trying to say that not every seller is dishonest. Not every seller is out to rip people off. Some sellers are just trying to give a fair accounting of the book and get some value.

So right now, I'm going to look for other stuff to sell. I'm selling a game called Shogun, which is really cool and has some bids, so I'm going back to the game closet and see what else I have. I'm tired of putting up comics and having a no sale.

-- Joanna

Joanna,

You hit the nail on the head....... My mailman dropped off a package today with 15 raw books that were supposed to be "Mint". Upon opening the box..... I found that I would feel bad putting back on the market. Sooooo into the "not so hot" comics box they went. Hrrrmmm.... very iritating.

John