• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NELVANA- THE VIRTUALLY COMPLETE RUN OF TRIUMPH COMICS CANADIAN WHITES

38 posts in this topic

Met 1 of the co-editors of the Nelvana b/w reprint square bound book at Vancouver Comic Art Festival May/14. She thought it would be quite easy to find 1940s Canadian whites back issues that were published locally in Vancouver but found squat. She was on her way south to the independent press hot bed of Portland, OR.

Met 1 of the co-editors of the Nelvana b/w reprint square bound book at Vancouver Comic Art Festival May/14. She thought it would be quite easy to find 1940s Canadian whites back issues that were published locally in Vancouver but found squat. She was on her way south to the independent press hot bed of Portland, OR.

She thought she would find Maple Leaf books paving the streets? :insane: I'd seen one white in my entire life locally.

Now you go back so long Allan... did you ever see any at some point?

She thought she would find Maple Leaf books paving the streets? :insane: I'd seen one white in my entire life locally.

Rachel and Hope, the editors of the book, are far from unrealistic or unintelligent. There is no way that either thought a month ago that whites were easy to find. The post above is a misunderstanding or mischaracterization. They've been posting and quoted for many months that the big challenge for getting their book assembled was finding all of the relevant source material. That was stated in the Kickstarter. Fortunately, they were aided by Canadian archives and collectors like eccomics, and got all the material they needed. I'm awaiting my ltd. ed. HC, and can't wait to read the stories.

Rachel and Hope, the editors of the book, are far from unrealistic or unintelligent. There is no way that either thought a month ago that whites were easy to find. The post above is a misunderstanding or mischaracterization. They've been posting and quoted for many months that the big challenge for getting their book assembled was finding all of the relevant source material. That was stated in the Kickstarter. Fortunately, they were aided by Canadian archives and collectors like eccomics, and got all the material they needed. I'm awaiting my ltd. ed. HC, and can't wait to read the stories.

(thumbs u thanks