• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Collection For Sale

98 posts in this topic

10% off anything remaining.

I am going in a slightly different direction in 2011 with my collecting, so I will be offering a number of personal books in this thread, hopefully next week. I want to pare down to very select covers and keys. The rest -- even though I like things like Avengers etc., will be pitched as I rededicate myself to 10 cent early DCs, early 50s tecs and other books. So, most SA/BA that I no longer want, slabs and raw, is being moved.

I am going in a slightly different direction in 2011 with my collecting, so I will be offering a number of personal books in this thread, hopefully next week. I want to pare down to very select covers and keys. The rest -- even though I like things like Avengers etc., will be pitched as I rededicate myself to 10 cent early DCs, early 50s tecs and other books. So, most SA/BA that I no longer want, slabs and raw, is being moved.

Never heard that before :baiting:

Marvels have become too much of a commodity to me, and I miss my DCs far more than I ever missed the Marvels. I'm going to start going after things I haven't owned before rather than owning Cap 100s for the 80th time. But instead of selling my Avengers 4 or Cap 100 -- I'll just hold those. I always want a TOS 80. I don't need the other numbers surrounding it.

I need to inject some enjoyment back into my collection again. I've never sold a single Mystery in Space book, except for upgrades, that's the kind of commitment I want to feel for my books, not a transitory feeling.

Marvels have become too much of a commodity to me, and I miss my DCs far more than I ever missed the Marvels. I'm going to start going after things I haven't owned before rather than owning Cap 100s for the 80th time. But instead of selling my Avengers 4 or Cap 100 -- I'll just hold those. I always want a TOS 80. I don't need the other numbers surrounding it.

I need to inject some enjoyment back into my collection again. I've never sold a single Mystery in Space book, except for upgrades, that's the kind of commitment I want to feel for my books, not a transitory feeling.

I see you like TOS 80......would you be interested in the REAL Cosmic Cube ? I've already drained all the power out of it, but it's still cool to look at. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S My advice to you, Brian, is to abandon this notion of assembling a personal collection. You're a dealer and an Overstreet Advisor......hopelessly lost to the Dark Side :baiting:

Hey Brian - As you know, I've been speaking of doing this for quite a while, and I'm finally really going to do it. The only books I intend to hold on to are:

ASM and FF 1-100 (plus a few subsequent keys of those titles) Hulk 1-6, Flash 105-200, GL 1-76, Atom 1-45, JLA 1-40, B & B 28-30, and my Flash, GL and Atom Showcase issues.

The remainder will be - as you stated - all Keys and specific covers that I like. That would pare my full collection down to about 500 books or so. I'll maintain my interest in the hobby by continuing to upgrade where needed.

Oh... and of course, my 1-500 run of Mad titles, of which I may dump the latest couple hundred issues. :insane:

Sorry if I hijacked your thread, but you helped re-affirm my decision, plus you never call me anymore :cry: ...hehe

Hey Brian - As you know, I've been speaking of doing this for quite a while, and I'm finally really going to do it. The only books I intend to hold on to are:

ASM and FF 1-100 (plus a few subsequent keys of those titles) Hulk 1-6, Flash 105-200, GL 1-76, Atom 1-45, JLA 1-40, B & B 28-30, and my Flash, GL and Atom Showcase issues.

The remainder will be - as you stated - all Keys and specific covers that I like. That would pare my full collection down to about 500 books or so. I'll maintain my interest in the hobby by continuing to upgrade where needed.

Oh... and of course, my 1-500 run of Mad titles, of which I may dump the latest couple hundred issues. :insane:

Sorry if I hijacked your thread, but you helped re-affirm my decision, plus you never call me anymore :cry: ...hehe

Part of what affirmed my decision was how busy I was and how increasingly every book in my collection looked as if it was just going to wind up as inventory, and I'd rather avoid that. I'd also love to have fewer books and I'll eventually do the same with my bronze and copper high grades (who knows when this will happen).

What I'd do would be to keep Avengers 1-16, Caps (all raw, except 100), MIS, and keys/classic covers or covers I like. Then go towards 10 cent DCs exclusively. There's tons of great material and owning it as a dealer v. owning all the great stuff and not caring about the price on every purchase is liberating.

Brian and Rich,

I have to be in total agreement with what's being said. When I switched back to comics, I was at first all over the place, but just for a short time. I have found going after titles or a particular artist (Adams for example), I found myself with so much material that didn't hold any special place. It was all taking up space. I decided to focus on just keys, with emphasis on books I've never owned before, even Marvels which are plentiful...like Avengers 4 and Hulk 1-6....and I am trending towards lower grades (between 6.5 -8.0) but white pages.....

I also am trying to get GA Batman Joker covers and when possible, first appearances...Like the Superboy 68 I grabbed last week. -

I found having this type of focus to not only liberating and inject new enthusiasm, but it saves tons of time and money. I don't waste hours looking though bronze/cooper age books, looking for a diamond in the rough....

Tonight or next week?

Next week. I'll need to sit with the boxes and make the final pull of what I'm truly keeping v. not keeping. But the idea is to do the purge... TOS are all going, except one copy of 58 and my 59 Sid's copy, the rest, with the exception of most likely 80, will all go.