• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jet City Comic Show - Seattle, September 25th

10 posts in this topic

Well, like always, I forgot to take my camera. :sorry:

It was a beautiful day in Seattle with the temperature hovering between 75 and 80. There were large crowds at Seattle City center soaking in the last few days of sunshine we will get for a while. Having said that, it seemed that it was one of the main reasons why the show was modestly attended.

This was the first year for it and like every show it has to start somewhere. One of my favorite things about it was the shear number of dealers that were there. This was truly a comic convention.

I came away with a pile of loot including three more silver age spideys that I need to complete my run (just 10 left :banana:).

In talking with the dealers, they were a bit disappointed at the turnout, but as a buyer I was pleasantly surprised at the books that I got. In artist alley, my daughter was finally able to meet one of her favorite artists, Agnes Garbowska. She commissioned a water color of Captain Marvel (of Shazam fame) which she was very pleased about. As for me, I walked out of there with a Spider-man 27 (Fine/Fine +), 35 (VF/VF+), and 75 (VF/NM). I also had a couple of impulse buys - DC 100 Page Super Spectacular 22 in NM, a pile of Wonder Woman in her woman's lib period, a couple of high grade Fantasy Masterpiece issues to complete my run and Hero for Hire 7 which was childhood favorite of mine.

I hope they have it again next year...by the way, I talked to the organizer of the Bellingham Comic show that's coming up in November and he's pretty stoked with the second annual show. I think aardvark attended last year, so maybe I'll go to that one, as well.

I love the expanded Nov/10 Bellingham comicon. They moved it closer to the Canadian border and got more square footage. Easy hop across the border to meet Seattle, WA and even some Portland, OR dealers. :applause:

Sadly did not make it to Jet City, as I had to be innoculated this weekend before int'l travel.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for those that attended the show, most people seemed to really enjoy the show. Definitely turned out well for fans. It was weird that there was no rush at the beginning of the show from attendees like you usually see but there was a steady influx of new attendees as others exited. Attendance was fairly good, not what we hoped and not what we feared.

There is a survey posted on the site and we'd love to hear anyone's opinions to make next year even better.

We will be back next year!

Eric, the promoter of Bellingham ComiCon (www.bellinghamcomicon.com) is a good friend of ours (I do his print design work) and I know i'm looking forward to setting up at the show as an artist.