• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con January 8th & 9th, 2011 Mesa Arizona

117 posts in this topic

what about buying a ticket online(without being able to go) and still getting the book somehow? do you have to get the book at the door of the con or can it be mailed? just a thought (shrug)

probably already been 1000 advanced tickets sold though right?

TooSnappy-

Walking Dead #80 AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON Exclusive Photo covers will be given away to the customers coming to the convention itself. this is a promotional item through Image/Skybound/AMC. Because it's a grey line between packaging these up with a mail order ticket, so we are trying to keep these as an incentive for the folks coming through the door. I assume these will be offered on Ebay from fans coming to the event, etc.

On the flip side, there's a *second* WALKING DEAD Exclusive to the show-

WALKING DEAD #1 Weekly AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON Edition. These will be available for sale at the show at $10 and online too. these are limited to only 1000 copies each, and feature a new Charlie Adlard cover.

I think the WALKING DEAD #1 Weekly AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON Editions are pretty nice for getting signatures from Robert Kirkman and the cast of the hit TV show, and even RE-MARK Sketches too.

Hopefully fans will dig these variants

For the Advance tickets, much comes down to the volume each of the brick and mortar retail stores. If they sell out of their pre-show allotment then almost all of the WALKING DEAD #80 books will be spoken for. As of right now, quantities of the WALKING DEAD #80 Exclusive Photo covers are limited.

Brang-i wouldn't be so sure. just because someone goes buck wild with pre-sales doesn't mean there's an inexpensive wholesale for a select few.

Again on this particular product, this is a bonus for the folks coming to the AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON, a promo by IMAGE/SKYBOUND/AMC and AZ Con

For the WALKING DEAD WEKLY, this product will be for sale to the general public, and available for mail order.

As always you can try ebay, or you can buy there here:

http://www.jaycompanycomics.com/

JayCompany conventions exclusives will ship the week after the con.

Others on the board may be carrying this book as well.

There's only 1000 of these, as we received 5 cases of 200 yesterday evening.

Again, hope that helps.

Jimmy

well if the weekly variants are $10 whereever ya get them and if ya cant make the show....

might as well grab one off your site huh? :)

thanks for the heads up, wish there was a way I could get my hands on a copy of the 80 variant without dropping an arm and a leg hm

As someone who buys in quantity from Jimmy at every con he sets up at I can tell you everything Jimmy is saying about the WD 80 is true, we actually talked about it at LBCC.

More and more, con promoters are looking to lock in the show exclusives for ticket holders only. Not even Image could sell the WD 75 LBCC at their booth - because they didn't have it... Same thing with Zenescope at the Richmond VA comic con, they didn't have the show exclusive - only Brett had them.

I would be careful buying anything off of Ebay before the show - I would wait until the listings say they are in hand.

I will be attending the show and as always I will be pre-screening and picking up the different show exclusives but I am not holding my breath on the WD 80 exclusive.

My only point was that they will be available. No matter how they are distributed they will make their way to Ebay or other online sources. The attempt to only make them available to show attendees may raise the price a little but unless Ultimate Comics buys the entire lot they will be available for the market rate. It's sad times for the WD title with all these variants appearing IMO. I personally cancelled it from my pull list because of these exclusive attempts.

That being said I hope this does not appear to be thread crapping. This show looks AWESOME and I'd be there in a heart beat if the new baby wasn't coming soon.

I'm not worried about the THREAD CRAPPING , as the AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON is much more than just the Walking Dead #80 exclusive photo variant being given away FREE to ticket holders, or a Walking Dead Weekly #1 Convention Exclusive limited to only 1000 and sold at the show.

This is the BEST Guest List in the southwest.

There are no retread guests that have been to the area year after year. no washed up genre extras, wrestlers, or former swimsuit models from yesteryear, all charging for their autographs.

Instead we are bringing in the AWARD WINNING Comic Book creator- ROBERT KIRKMAN and having the cast of the TV Show which its based- THE WALKING DEAD. The actors are lead characters- Jon Bernthal and Steven Yeun. They are signing for the fans for FREE.

As for being able to buy COMIC BOOKS at a COMIC CON, we got that too, and lots of it. Our show floor is packed with Gold, silver, bronze, modern, and new/hot book dealers. there will be bargain bins and premium stock. there wil; be vintage, and there will be micro print run. And of course there will be a wide selection of CONVENTION EXCLUSIVES.

And have you seen the updated website?

Todd McFarlane is coming to the event too

TooSnappy- sorry bud, but items sold on the jayCompanyComics.com website are as described. I think there is a section for AUTOGRAPH KIRKMAN books along the left sidebar of the site, but those items are limited to what is in stock as opposed to doing signature pre-sales. Items off the JayCompanyComics.com site all come with certificate of authenticity, back by our 17 years in the business.

For pre-sales and such you should talk to companies that do that sort of thing like DESERT WIND COLLECTIBLES. they will be displaying at the con, and i know in the past they do charge an amount for signatures they attain. I'm =unsure of their exact policies but Chandler Rice is a good guy, and knowledgeable about the accessibility of various creators and celebrities.

You may also want to contact Joel Elad or some of the other board members that are going to this con too.

hope that helps

Representatives of TMP will be on hand as wristbands will be distributed. I highly recommend that you consult with these folks as you consider CGC and your authentication options. This is entirely between CGC and TMP, and speculation on these boards is moot at this point.

As for other guests, such as the CAST tof WALKING DEAD and Robert Kirkman, get slabbed with confidence!

Unfortunately DWC, as well as I believe CGC, has been instructed that there will be NO CGC signings at this show. So you will have to wait until the private signing in Mid February.

To clarify, yes, if you want a Todd McFarlane CGC SS book, this will not occur at this convention. However, there will be LOTS of CGC Signature Series signings at this show, especially from all the big name guests that the show is bringing, like Robert Kirkman, Jon Bernthal, Steven Yeun, Rob Liefeld, Jeph Loeb, Keu Cha (1st con appearance in a WHILE). Joe Benitez & Peter Steigerwald, eBas, Ryan Ottley, Cory Walker, Brian Pulido, Tim Vigil, John Layman, Karl Altstaetter, and more!

Chandler Rice of Desert Wind Comics is officially taking CGC SS submissions for this show. If you need help getting some comics signed, you can also PM me. I am not currently authorized as a CGC facilitator for this show, but I can help out with simple requests. (No sketch requests or complicated requests, as I will be busy exhibiting at this show)

Unfortunately DWC, as well as I believe CGC, has been instructed that there will be NO CGC signings at this show. So you will have to wait until the private signing in Mid February.

To clarify, yes, if you want a Todd McFarlane CGC SS book, this will not occur at this convention. However, there will be LOTS of CGC Signature Series signings at this show, especially from all the big name guests that the show is bringing, like Robert Kirkman, Jon Bernthal, Steven Yeun, Rob Liefeld, Jeph Loeb, Keu Cha (1st con appearance in a WHILE). Joe Benitez & Peter Steigerwald, eBas, Ryan Ottley, Cory Walker, Brian Pulido, Tim Vigil, John Layman, Karl Altstaetter, and more!

Chandler Rice of Desert Wind Comics is officially taking CGC SS submissions for this show. If you need help getting some comics signed, you can also PM me. I am not currently authorized as a CGC facilitator for this show, but I can help out with simple requests. (No sketch requests or complicated requests, as I will be busy exhibiting at this show)

Opps. Sorry if I caused any confusion. I meant that they will be no Todd McFarlane CGC signings from what I have been instructed, Thanks for the clarification Joel. And yes DWC will be there to help for other creators.