• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con January 8th & 9th, 2011 Mesa Arizona

117 posts in this topic

I would have liked to bring Doug Mahnke out to this show (maybe next year!), it looks like a very well organized show and has a great guest list!

Congrats to you guys on putting together an impressive site, offering great variants and bringing some big time names to this show!

We are looking forward to everyone at the show. We will be leaving Las Vegas in a few hours to drive down to Phoenix. A reminder that we will be accepting walk-up submissions at the show for both our Stan Lee signing on January 22nd and for our Todd McFarlane signing taking place in mid February. Again details available on our website. We will be in booth #113 which is on the center aisle.

We will have a bunch of CGC Signature Series Product available for purchase including some of our Avengers #1 signed by Stan Lee and John Romita Sr graded 9.8. Or how about our Long Beach Exclusive signed by Stan Lee, J Scott Campbell and Nei graded 9.8. We will also have a limited number of Walking Dead #75 San Diego Exclusives signed by Robert Kirkman and Charles Adlard graded 9.8 as well as a few 9.8 graded signed by cast members Steven Yeun and Adrian Kali Turner. And plenty of other cool stuff. And finally do not miss stopping by to sign up for the DWC Free Stan Lee Signature drawing. Or just stop by and say hi.

Getting ready to leave San Diego and make the drive out to Phoenix for the show. I think we're in booth #109 in the center aisle, so come look for us!

I put together a cool little "Amazing Arizona Variant Pack" of variants you can get signed at this show, for only $15. But identify yourself as a CGC board member, and it's only $10 (while supplies last) Also bringing CGC SS slabs, trades at 50% off cover, $1, $3, $5 variants, boxes of Spawn, and MORE!

See y'all there!

I put together a cool little "Amazing Arizona Variant Pack" of variants you can get signed at this show, for only $15. But identify yourself as a CGC board member, and it's only $10 (while supplies last) Also bringing CGC SS slabs, trades at 50% off cover, $1, $3, $5 variants, boxes of Spawn, and MORE!

I will be looking for that. And of course I will stop by and say Hello to Chandler Rice and my Battlestar buddy Sharon. If anybody has the PENNY FOR YOUR SOUL #1 PHOTO COVERS long beach comic con exculsive I will be looking for them.

I arrived via quick 45 minute plane ride from L.A. a few hours ago.

Ran into Jimmy Jay at the Hotel Front Desk and had a convo.

Front desk was nice enough to accomodate me with an early check-in so I was able to get up to my room. Really nice day - wish I had brought my swim trunks for the outdoor pool.

Have a nice clean room on an upper floor with a small balcony overlooking the pool and a big enough work space. Hotel seems nice and staff is really friendly. So far so good...

But there doesn't seem to be much to do around here at night though.

Suns are playing the Knicks tonight at US Airways Center. I know it's downtown, but it should be good.

Hey - You're talking to a New Yorker -

Who wants to go to the Knicks game?

:banana:

Suns are playing the Knicks tonight at US Airways Center. I know it's downtown, but it should be good.

Hey - You're talking to a New Yorker -

Who wants to go to the Knicks game?

:banana:

doh!

And I'm a Suns fan. But enjoy the game if you go. (thumbs u

Just checked into the Marriott after dropping all the books at our booth. Gotta agree with Dre, the hotel is nice and clean. Saw Joe and Ali-Jae at the front desk as they were checking in...

Yep, time for dinner plans. Or a Knicks game? Hmm... Tough choices. :)

My wife and I just got home from a long day exhibiting at the show. We had lots of help from Brian R, Levi F. and Chris P. The show was pretty slow in the afternoon as most people got stuck in a signing line that went as long as three hours.

On a positive note, we had pretty good action with a dollar box booth (50 long boxes of bronze and copper) and a few decent sales. Lots of nice feedback on the prices and selection which is always good to hear. Hope to get around a little tomorrow to see who is there, etc.

Look us up if you make it Sunday and please introduce yourselves. Sold Rey a nice Platinum McFarlane Spiderman today. (thumbs u

Ed Robertson