• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

all winners 9 "the photos are here"

87 posts in this topic

while scrolling through auctionzip.com i noticed a local (30 miles) auction house showing 3 photos of some monster books, this is like 2 weeks ago @ kelley auctions of holbrook, MA 02343 on 9/8/10 here is a link.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=845856&category=0&zip=02152&kwd=

i won these 4 books for 3276.00 and sold usa6 for 1625 after my fees and shipping i currently own the other 3 books for 1953.00 i hope to sell cap31 and usa8 and own all winners CGC 9.0 for free, thats my goal and it may end up that way i'm hopin'

originally they had the books in 3 lots and i was on the phone wih everyone and everyone trying to round up funds (see the top set of photos) they got a big influx of calls and decided to break them down into smaller lots (scroll down further). a bidder in the room with me bid 2700, i went 2800 and i won them + 10% and state tax, he then tod me good luck, like i had paid too much and i made a dumb move.

marvel mystery lot sold for about 750, the sup lot about 600, wonder woman about 450 - i think all winners 9 was the best book in the house that night, pretty much everybook had been written on in pencil. hows that for history

I think you are going to want to have it pressed, dry cleaned and resubbed once you get your grade back. The NCB in the middle of the front cover is pretty long and the dirt on the lower left back corner are going to drop the grade. I think the dust shadow is no big deal, though. I'm gonna take what I've learned from Matt Nelson and say it comes back a 7.5.

while scrolling through auctionzip.com i noticed a local (30 miles) auction house showing 3 photos of some monster books, this is like 2 weeks ago @ kelley auctions of holbrook, MA 02343 on 9/8/10 here is a link.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=845856&category=0&zip=02152&kwd=

i won these 4 books for 3276.00 and sold usa6 for 1625 after my fees and shipping i currently own the other 3 books for 1953.00 i hope to sell cap31 and usa8 and own all winners CGC 9.0 for free, thats my goal and it may end up that way i'm hopin'

Nice win. That was the lot I wanted to win most. I absentee bid on all the lots before the auction start. I was going to absentee bid 3000 on that lot but got cold feet as I've been burned before by absentee auctions and small pics so I cut the bid back to 2000. Did win the lots with Our Gang 1 and Fighting Yank 6. Hope to sell off the remainders so that I can own those two books right.

i wonder what would have happen if they left the lots as originally slated. and how they grouped the books up after was something i will never understand. but im glad i got what i got. i was omalley in the morning bidding online then i yanked my bids later in the day because if i won the earlier lots i wouldnt have had enough to cover the lot i got. i had you beat at 10 am tgk

i wonder what would have happen if they left the lots as originally slated. and how they grouped the books up after was something i will never understand. but im glad i got what i got. i was omalley in the morning bidding online then i yanked my bids later in the day because if i won the earlier lots i wouldnt have had enough to cover the lot i got. i had you beat at 10 am tgk

I was going to bid on that auction and forgot about it.

:cry:

i was able to clean up the dirt on the back and press the front crease out with much improvement. the back dirt was because of the last page had a small folded corner and created a bump that accumulated dirt, it all came off with a little magic.

you'll have to wait till it comes back, i didn't take any photos after "corrections". i have to say without boardie advice i'm sure i would have sent it as is and perhaps did the book an injustice, i still feel i have an ace in the hole, clearly knowing i can crack it, dry clean & press it and resub it, to give it a bump, but prior to playing the ace i want to see what it gets as sent. i think i will own it for $0.00 if i can get 2000ish for cap 31 and usa8. thats what i'm shootin' 4

i just checked my submission page and cgc has received the book and it is at the verified stage, they list is as a familly comic, kubert art, 1943. mabye they are not to busy. i shipped it priority on 9/21 and they have all 3 books i sent in verified and all kinds of logging done, thats quick, from my past experiences, especially on this 20 day comp coupon.

the books have been all updated to UNIVERSAL and all are noted as Timely, they bounced Kubert of the art comments on the all winners 9 though and added some others and dont mention the schomburg cover, whats up with that? will they, should they add that?

the books have been all updated to UNIVERSAL and all are noted as Timely, they bounced Kubert of the art comments on the all winners 9 though and added some others and dont mention the schomburg cover, whats up with that? will they, should they add that?

I remember when I had my National Comics #7 graded that it didn't show the Classic Cover notation when I check online but it was added when I got the book. I suspect the Schomburg cover will be added but it wouldn't hurt to call just to make sure.

i did call today, nicole said its not at grading yet, so it could get updated with the "schomburg cover" and nothing is official yet. i feel like they will knock my book if i interfere with input. i'm just anxious, if it does get a 9.0 i will take it to bed with me the first night lol.