• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rawhide Kid #22

31 posts in this topic

Never mind I see that it was. I noticed he has a couple other books as well. While he has high feedback, I don't like the way he crops his scans. Has anyone bought anything from him? How is his resto check, grading?

Thanks! I'm quite happy with it. There have been a few available lately, but I think the law of averages is going to come back into effect sooner or later. This is a tough book to get in decent shape, and I'm glad to have gotten one.

Thanks! I'm quite happy with it. There have been a few available lately, but I think the law of averages is going to come back into effect sooner or later. This is a tough book to get in decent shape, and I'm glad to have gotten one.

You're right about that. And your copy is very nice. I still need to pick up a copy myself.

There have been a few available lately, but I think the law of averages is going to come back into effect sooner or later.

I totally agree.

The other "key" books have been hiding - Two Gun #58 & 60 and Kid Colt #100 & 107.

There are two TGK 60s up right now on ebay, that's another one that has been popping up as of late for some reason. All of the ones I have seen are the "handwritten" versions, though, I have yet to see the corrected version. I haven't found a KC100 yet for sale. I just snagged the first TGK 58 I've seen. I paid a premium for it though.

I've never seen one in high grade.

My notion of "high grade" changes pretty drastically in pre-hero books like this. I am very happy to get something in the Fine-ish range, and anything above 6.0 is high grade as far as I'm concerned.

There have been a few available lately, but I think the law of averages is going to come back into effect sooner or later.

I totally agree.

The other "key" books have been hiding - Two Gun #58 & 60 and Kid Colt #100 & 107.

There are two TGK 60s up right now on ebay, that's another one that has been popping up as of late for some reason. All of the ones I have seen are the "handwritten" versions, though, I have yet to see the corrected version. I haven't found a KC100 yet for sale. I just snagged the first TGK 58 I've seen. I paid a premium for it though.

I like the handwritten version for its uniqueness, but now that you mention it I haven't ever seen a corrected version (granted, I haven't been looking for long either). I'm trying to find a Gunsmoke Western #68 overprint and regular editions, and they aren't super easy but have been showing up a bit as of late.

I totally agree.

I like the handwritten version for its uniqueness, but now that you mention it I haven't ever seen a corrected version (granted, I haven't been looking for long either). I'm trying to find a Gunsmoke Western #68 overprint and regular editions, and they aren't super easy but have been showing up a bit as of late.

I have never seen a "not handwritten" version, and I HAVE been looking for these for many years. I suspect it either doesn't exist, or if it does, it's exceedingly rare.