• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Releases: Suggestions for All Ages

11 posts in this topic

Looking for ongoing suggestions of new releases that are good for all ages. My kids are 5, 9 and 11. But, I'm sure many others on the boards have kids. I only get to a comic shop every 4-8 weeks, but I may try a subscription service.

Last time in I picked up Tiny Titans. :thumbsup: from the kids and Muppets :boo:

Trades and floppies considered. Prefer new releases so that each month we can try new stuff.

My 9-year old daughter gets to pick out her own book each week - her favorites are Tiny Titans, Billy Batson & the Magic of Shazam!, Teen Titans Go! and Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade.

She enjoys the Muppets and Incredibles books as well, but the titles above are the ones she looks for first.

In TPB form, she's read the entire Bone series 3-4 times so far, and loved Owly and Scary Godmother as well.

So, here's what we've picked out in the past year or so. Most have been big hits.

First, Little Lulu is the absolute favorite (and, I enjoy it too). We have the B&W trades, I think 8 of 'em.

From DC: Tiny Titans is the favorite. My daughter also liked Supergirl (I also got a nice sketch from Eric Jones). Superfriends is also good. Brave and Bold is ok. Shazam, they didn't really like.

From Marvel: Mini Marvels from Chris Giarusso rules. Superhero Squad is new and enjoyable.

Magic Trixie is loved more than Scary Godmother.

Bone, not quite enjoyed yet.

Muppets got a thumbs down.

Disney reprints are good. But, I prefer to give them the old Dells I have to read.

So, we've tried a decent variety. But, they want more. So, reading is good, eh?

OK. I get Boom Kids' Donald Duck and WDCS. They're new stories that are read by my kids, nieces, nephews (21, 17, 11, 9, 8, 7) and myself (somewhat older). After we all read them, my wife takes them to the hospital to spread around the children's wing.

Each issue gets well read and I can spread my life long love of ducks to younger kids.

Ducks are great.

Great work passing the comics on.

I stockpile for Halloween. It's coming up and I'll give away at least a 100 comics.

That's an great idea. I may have to go through my other books and give some away to the little tricksters. Thanks.