• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Skullkickers Appreciation

104 posts in this topic

All joking aside,

As a 30 year old, who really doesn't like RPG games..I thought this book was great. It made me laugh at times, and the art work brought memories from the early 90s.

I left me wanting more. Like I've said before, I'm curious to see who they bring out in hte next couple of issues.

>>As a 30 year old, who really doesn't like RPG games..I thought this book was great. It made me laugh at times, and the art work brought memories from the early 90s.

I left me wanting more. Like I've said before, I'm curious to see who they bring out in hte next couple of issues.<<

that's cool, because I love image as a company and the creative team seems really nice.

hope it does well. It has the support of my 22 year old empire. We are hand selling, guns a blazin trying to build readership.

Larry

>>As a 30 year old, who really doesn't like RPG games..I thought this book was great. It made me laugh at times, and the art work brought memories from the early 90s.

I left me wanting more. Like I've said before, I'm curious to see who they bring out in hte next couple of issues.<<

that's cool, because I love image as a company and the creative team seems really nice.

hope it does well. It has the support of my 22 year old empire. We are hand selling, guns a blazin trying to build readership.

Larry

i have no interest in RPGs either, but I like sword & sorcery and chopping monsters' heads' off type stuff. the guy in the office next to me went to another job and he left his library of fantasy paperbacks..books put out under the D&D imprint and Wizards of the Coast or whatever and I find myself reading them on the subway to and from work. are they great literature? no. do I find them confusing as heck? (because none of these guys are 10% as good at creating a fantasy "world" as Mr. Tolkien was so when you're talking about all the various dwarf kingdoms it all becomes a big stew of bizarro names) abolutely. are they a good way to kill my 30 minutes of subway tedium? yup. are they a heck of a lot easier to whip out and put away than a comic? yes? do i care whether I maim them? no. are they a good prop to use for averting my eyes away from crazy people so that they don't think i'm looking a them? yes.

Just let the market decide. I can't speak for the 6,000 copies that were printed and sold within moments of them hitting the stand.

And I also can't speak for the fact that a second and third print are in the works, with the second print shipping within weeks.

>>

Larry

are they a good way to kill my 30 minutes of subway tedium? yup. are they a heck of a lot easier to whip out and put away than a comic? yes? do i care whether I maim them? no. are they a good prop to use for averting my eyes away from crazy people so that they don't think i'm looking a them? yes.

This should be a marketing tool for fantasy paperbacks. Crazy people will leave you alone if you read them. :D

I got both covers today at my lcs. A good read. I'll see where it goes.

:o I just read from the SkullKickers website that Diamond does not have any more first prints. Which means, what you see if what you get!

If shops only got one copy...then that is all folks.

Image will release the total print run later this week. However, I feel that it is not as high as people originally thought.

Just let the market decide. I can't speak for the 6,000 copies that were printed and sold within moments of them hitting the stand.

And I also can't speak for the fact that a second and third print are in the works, with the second print shipping within weeks.

wow, only 6,000 copies??? so 3,000 of each cover or 6,000 of each?

how is it even worthwhile to produce a $2.99 comic with such a low print-run unless you KNOW there will be 2d and 3d prints.

Just got done reading the book, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. And yes, I wanted to enjoy it due to the hype and craziness. But in all honesty I thought it was fun. I hope there is some more, deeper character development in the future, but I see this book having a lot of different story lines to explore.

none ordered at my LCS. I got the "if we order every image book out there, I would have a long box of 50 cent books each month."

Got the hookup at DCBS though.

Anthony I was able to pick up two "Jack Kirby" variants from two seperate shops. If you can't find any let me know and I'll check around for ya.

Also read the story in issue one, it does have that Midevil - Army of Darkness feel to it. However, after reading it I want more of it. I want more zombies, werewolfs, vampires, monster, even Shrek!!!

This series has something to it. And not, not that special touch late at night feel.

i'm good, got some coming from dcbs so I'm covered. thanks for the offer.