• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Sept Comiclink Winners & La-Hoo-sers thread...post 'em if you won 'em.

209 posts in this topic

Oucchh on whats has to be a new GPA low for GSX #1 CGC 9.8.

Market is lucky of course cause the sale will not get reported of course.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D40%23Item_860635&id=860635

However all the vintage SA 9.8's though did fairly well as per usual. C-Link I have to admit is still strong if you are planning to sell your HG 9.8 SA Marvels.

The GPA graph for this book looks like a mirror of the USA economy and some stocks over the last 2 years...

2008 avg $9560 (5)

2009 avg $7995 (4)

12 mo $6940 (10)

90 days $5986 (2)

Last $5400 (Sept 2010)

Tonite $4655 :tonofbricks:

Hey John :hi:

The GPA graph for this book looks like a mirror of the USA economy and some stocks over the last 2 years...

2008 avg $9560 (5)

2009 avg $7995 (4)

12 mo $6940 (10)

90 days $5986 (2)

Last $5400 (Sept 2010)

Hey Tom, :hi:

Probably if the book was a White Pager the book should have gone over 5k, but on books like:

Hulk 181

ASM 129

X-men 94

GSX 1

Conan #1

and most common key/non-key Bronze age books.

It's pretty likely everyday that passes the books in 9.6-9.8 will keep trending downward for the foreseeable future, especially in 9.8.

So as a collector make the right decision, and stick with a nice PQ Centered 9.2/9.4, and be happy.

John

2008 avg $9560 (5)

2009 avg $7995 (4)

12 mo $6940 (10)

90 days $5986 (2)

Last $5400 (Sept 2010)

This really shouldn't be a surprise. As mentioned here many times, there was a large find of uncirculated books. What I find more confusing is the fact that, despite that fairly widespread knowledge, prices were ever that stratospheric in the first place.

But then, it is a great book.

I was surpringly happy. I put in about 25 bids, not strong, but not weak, as I was sitting on the runway yesterday and I just checked this morning and saw I won 14 books. The only title I had any luck with was the FF where I got 14 of the 17 books I left bids on. I was rather surprised to have won because in past auctions when I have been forced to not be around to snipe I have usually come up with nothing.

At least for the FF I need under 10 now for the first 50 in 8.0+ and I guess I am working on 51-102 in 9.2 as I've got close to have of them now.

2008 avg $9560 (5)

2009 avg $7995 (4)

12 mo $6940 (10)

90 days $5986 (2)

Last $5400 (Sept 2010)

Hey Tom, :hi:

Probably if the book was a White Pager the book should have gone over 5k, but on books like:

Hulk 181

ASM 129

X-men 94

GSX 1

Conan #1

and most common key/non-key Bronze age books.

It's pretty likely everyday that passes the books in 9.6-9.8 will keep trending downward for the foreseeable future, especially in 9.8.

So as a collector make the right decision, and stick with a nice PQ Centered 9.2/9.4, and be happy.

John

Yeah, the 9.8 sale was weak. Then I looked at a few others, like GSX 1 9.4 and at 1355, that was a pretty good selling price. I paid 1100 for mine (ow-white -old label) off of Ebay six months ago, but it was a private transaction. The seller had a BIN which wasn't met, so I emailed him after it ended and worked out a deal. I also looked at a couple of others, like the GL 76 9.2 at over 3K....I think the "one sale doesn't make a pattern" holds true....

I think John has a good point. The market may be correcting itself and collectors are realizing (I know I am) that while 9.6 & 9.8 books are impressive, are they really worth it ?....Or is having a nicely centered copy with terrific eye appeal a bettter buy ?

GPA is great and I use it, but it's really hard to use it as a end all to be all when it can't take into account places like CL and as important, private sales....Like my before mentioned GSX 1

And a McFarlane sig on this one...

RAD821232010716_152829.jpg

That's not gonna happen. Unless it's a private signing.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4277734#Post4277734

Why do you say private only? All that announcement says is that he won't be doing any CGC SS stuff. In fact, the announcement says he will be doing signings at the show, just not CGC witnessed. Sounds like real TM fans can still get their books signed? (shrug)

And a McFarlane sig on this one...

That's not gonna happen. Unless it's a private signing.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4277734#Post4277734

Why do you say private only? All that announcement says is that he won't be doing any CGC SS stuff. In fact, the announcement says he will be doing signings at the show, just not CGC witnessed. Sounds like real TM fans can still get their books signed? (shrug)

I'm sure Charlie didn't win that book to get it signed and keep it raw.

And if you read that CGC announcement, they mention they will work on future signings. Just not at this appearance.

Look, I get that you think all CGC-friendly people are just a bunch of money-grubbing, anti-hobby, ruining ruiners, but for the love of Alter Ego, can you not make it such a public declaration?

Maybe, just maybe, there exists a person, somewhere out on the lonely plain, as rare as a fresh-scented convention floor, as elusive as a pregnant Sasquatch, who actually - wait for it - likes Sig Series books and is also a fan of the creators and stories?

OH GREAT MOTHER OF PULP, PLEASE LET IT BE SO.

Your "if you don't think the way I do, you're not a real fan" schtick is tiresome and offensive. And I'm not even a big SS fan

Look, I get that you think all CGC-friendly people are just a bunch of money-grubbing, anti-hobby, ruining ruiners, but for the love of Alter Ego, can you not make it such a public declaration?

:eek:

I didn't realize this was an anti-CGC'er.

:sorry:

He's a shill. Consistently opposed to the concept of encapsulation. Which is fine, to each their own, but don't say that someone who wants a Todd McFarlane Sig Series book isn't a true fan. He doesn't know their motives any more than I know Ed Asner's

2008 avg $9560 (5)

2009 avg $7995 (4)

12 mo $6940 (10)

90 days $5986 (2)

Last $5400 (Sept 2010)

Glad I sold my copy when I did.

Maybe, just maybe, there exists a person, somewhere out on the lonely plain, as rare as a fresh-scented convention floor, as elusive as a pregnant Sasquatch, who actually - wait for it - likes Sig Series books and is also a fan of the creators and stories?

The board's favorite ginger, without a doubt (thumbs u

He's a shill.

I am horrible at the name-that-shill-game. Who is that?

His current nom de pain in the tuchus when spoken aloud is "Wee Underscore Stewie." I assume this is a sufficient clue as to his secret identity. The underscore is another giveaway

2008 avg $9560 (5)

2009 avg $7995 (4)

12 mo $6940 (10)

90 days $5986 (2)

Last $5400 (Sept 2010)

This really shouldn't be a surprise. As mentioned here many times, there was a large find of uncirculated books. What I find more confusing is the fact that, despite that fairly widespread knowledge, prices were ever that stratospheric in the first place.

But then, it is a great book.

10 copies in 9.8 for sale in the last year. You are going to run the pool dry sellingthat many copies at those kind of prices. I wonder how many more are left in the stash.

I was surpringly happy.  I put in about 25 bids, not strong, but not weak, as I was sitting on the runway yesterday and I just checked this morning and saw I won 14 books.  The only title I had any luck with was the FF where I got 14 of the 17 books I left bids on.  I was rather surprised to have won because in past auctions when I have been forced to not be around to snipe I have usually come up with nothing.  At least for the FF I need under 10 now for the first 50 in 8.0+ and I guess I am working on 51-102 in 9.2 as I've got close to have of them now.

Hope you got the 8.5 FF 8.....that was a bargain price. I thought about selling a few books and going after it. I frugally decided to be happy with my raw copy, probably a 7.5. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. That was a nice 18 they had also.