• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Rant

48 posts in this topic

So, I bought some stuff from Heritage a couple weeks ago...

They now charge Sales Tax for CA residents.

Ok, fine.

The hammer was $140, BP $27.30, S&H $19

Tax was $18.16.

"What's wrong with that?" you may ask..

The sales tax rate for Los Angeles county is 9.75%

When you do the math, you find out that Heritage charged me ST on the final bid, the BP, AND the S&H.

Weak. Sauce. Charging Sales Tax on S&H is gouging. Charging ST on the BP is bad enough, but the S&H too? Weak. Sauce.

Time to get my resale license. meh

Yeah - people say to figure all that into your bid. What I've found is that if I win, I end up paying about double what the item is worth. meh

What it effectively means is that I can no longer compete with people who live in no tax/low tax states.

Whoopee.

You should be honored to support the infrastructure of the great state of Californica :thumbsup:

You are being treated in CA as if you were in Canada. When I buy books or comics from a USA comicon and cross the border back to Canada, they always charge at least the 5% gst or perhaps 12% hst for electronics or original comic art :boo: on top of the WA state sales tax even though double taxation is supposed to be illegal in Canada.

You are being treated in CA as if you were in Canada. When I buy books or comics from a USA comicon and cross the border back to Canada, they always charge at least the 5% gst or perhaps 12% hst for electronics or original comic art :boo:on top of the WA state sales tax even though double taxation is supposed to be illegal in Canada.
Might make up for some of you Roids that stay...., :baiting:

That sucks. Doesn't sound right either. How can they charge you tax on the shipping?

I'm in NY. I get taxed on their shipping charges too.

In Ontario, Canada Post charges 13% tax on shipping within Canada.

I find it doesn't hurt so badly as long as you lube up first.

Andy 2c

Yes , in Canada our GST tax is a Goods and Services tax so everything gets hit not just the actual item cost.

Maybe that's why some states are practically bankrupt and our provinces are not hm

Still hurts, like Andy said and Greggy is one of the pitcher's in the bull pen :eek:

That sucks. Doesn't sound right either. How can they charge you tax on the shipping?

I'm in NY. I get taxed on their shipping charges too.

Andy 2c

I just can't see me going back to the land of high tax. (Well maybe for 5 years to Vancouver under that new finance professional scheme set up where you can avoid both profits tax and effectively personal tax as well for up to 5 years - I could not believe it when the minister was over here a month ago explaining it and trying to get us to up and move back - if I was a Vancouverite I'd be pissed if I found out the banker living beside me was not paying tax just b/c the city was trying to become the western financial capital of Canada)

Andy 2c

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

banangetsit2.gif