• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honest Dealers

401 posts in this topic

In the case of such a grossly misgraded book, the dealer , as a courtesy probably ought to refund your shipping costs back and forth. He is open to shipping internationally and as such, you ought to be made whole.

You are probably right, but it was me which excluded the return option in the first place, so we agreed on a discount on the following purchase. I’ll see how it goes this time, books looked nice and pretty honestly priced.

I would say, in general, it‘s a point the seller owes me, and his subsequent behaviour goes on to build or to demolish his reputation.

To be clear, I like the public debate which I see is ongoing here on the boards around these topics: I am always open to give everyone admitting his bad behavior, or his mistakes, a new opportunity, so I see even every disclosure or public discussion as a means of moral improvement for everyone.

Like Lou Fine's Uncle Sam would have enjoyed, yay! ;)