• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Character Evolvement.

43 posts in this topic

+2

He's my favorite villain, mostly because of the nature of his power, but his backstory is interesting as well. I'm not sure I'd agree he was bland from the start, Stan's original concept had Xavier modeled after Martin Luther King and Magneto after Malcolm X. I certainly would agree he got better over time though.

james3.jpg

+2

He's my favorite villain, mostly because of the nature of his power, but his backstory is interesting as well. I'm not sure I'd agree he was bland from the start, Stan's original concept had Xavier modeled after Martin Luther King and Magneto after Malcolm X. I certainly would agree he got better over time though.

james3.jpg

OK...so maybe I'm a LITTLE biased for liking Magneto since I'm him. :blush:

+2

james3.jpg

You'll never live that pic down.

You know what would be awesome, if there was some way to add sound to the pic. I'm thinking the "screechy horn villain sound" from the old Batman TV series.

+2

james3.jpg

lol That pic is classic.

Pathetic homosapiens...why would you think I would ever need to live down my genetic superiority? I am Magneto...I am POWER! :sumo:

+2

james3.jpg

lol That pic is classic.

It's his Match.com profile pic. :gossip:

+2

james3.jpg

lol That pic is classic.

It's no wonder the man can pull twin sisters. :applause:

+2

james3.jpg

lol That pic is classic.

It's no wonder the man can pull twin sisters. :applause:

They had a high iron content?

:insane:

Pathetic homosapiens...why would you think I would ever need to live down my genetic superiority? I am Magneto...I am POWER! :sumo:

The Molecule Man on line one for you sir.

Or were you speaking about costume/uniform changes only?

I always found Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel/Binary/Warbird interesting.

Don't forget her development into Rogue.

I used to love the "2 fit chicks inhabiting the same body" storylines and perhaps the evolution into a completely different, pre-existing character's body beats most of the other examples mentioned here.

To go with the OP in terms of tech and to see what the next version looks like, I enjoy Ultron.

As for long-term character evolution (talking Golden Age to Modern) I gotta go with Captain America...some really interesting twists and turns for someone who is stereotypically seen as a man out of his time.

Shorter term I have been fascinated by a lot of the changes in the Green Lantern supporting characters...Sinestro, Guy Gardner, etc., etc.

As for character evolution that frightens and disgusts me :P I am afraid it is Spiderman...from Clones to Iron Spider to Brand New day. Seriously Marvel has taken one of my favorite characters and made it to the point I cringe when a major storyline or change in direction occurs :doh:

Shorter term I have been fascinated by a lot of the changes in the Green Lantern supporting characters...Sinestro, Guy Gardner, etc., etc.

Geoff Johns is the man.

As for character evolution that frightens and disgusts me I am afraid it is Spiderman...from Clones to Iron Spider to Brand New day. Seriously Marvel has taken one of my favorite characters and made it to the point I cringe when a major storyline or change in direction occurs

Sad but true. :(

Although I could really not care less about Marvel these days, and don't follow Moderns at all, the development of the Scarlet Witch is kind of interesting.

From a "We're not really sure what she can do, exactly, so we're going to make her a sort of deus ex machina character," to the marriage of a synthezoid - an anatomically correct one at that, unless Stark or Richards made an "attachment" after the fact - to finding out she's Magneto's daughter to the whole House of M mind$&^ # thing that I admit I've not read, she's been pretty well thrashed around the character development sphere