• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dishonest Seller

486 posts in this topic

You obviously like comics, you're on a forum where other people like comics, can't you just try to get along?

You can't really think filter is at fault because CGC gave it a blue slab can you?

What exactly did he do that was dishonest?

He showed you the scan, with the CGC notes etc or was you hoping to get it at a plod price and that's why you're angry with him?

I'm glad you asked. I made a simple request, NO restoration and didn't notice restoration at first in the notes, so now I'm wasting my time sending a pm and then to make matters worse, I receive a car salesman reply, well I'm not looking to sell it but make me a ridiculous offer and the favors all mine.

You obviously like comics, you're on a forum where other people like comics, can't you just try to get along?

You can't really think filter is at fault because CGC gave it a blue slab can you?

He showed you the scan, with the CGC notes etc or was you hoping to get it at a plod price and that's why you're angry with him?

He's angry at me because he's a shill who got caught being a shill. He's done it before and will do so again. It goes back years before I even bought this book, way back to the first time he got caught trying to defraud a board member. (thumbs u

:screwy:

I'm glad you asked. I made a simple request, NO restoration and didn't notice restoration at first in the notes, so now I'm wasting my time sending a pm and then to make matters worse, I receive a car salesman reply, well I'm not looking to sell it but make me a ridiculous offer and the favors all mine.

Do you realize that there are chemicals going through your brain right now making you believe that you are making sense, but you are not?

You need to chill. You have it in your head that there are a few people (or ideas) that you can't stand and you go apeshlte over it whenever something bothers you.

It's all in your head.

Instead of making people's lives difficult, why don't you do something positive?

I'm glad you asked. I made a simple request, NO restoration and didn't notice restoration at first in the notes, so now I'm wasting my time sending a pm and then to make matters worse, I receive a car salesman reply, well I'm not looking to sell it but make me a ridiculous offer and the favor is all mine.

You know the entire PM exchange has already been quoted here earlier in thread right? Whoops!

Just out of curiosity, are you still pretending to be Royig AKA "Henry Faller" @ **** (address bleeped to protect the guilty) * ***** *****, Cleveland, OH 44102 as opposed to AlleyBat "Harold Fuller" at the exact same address? (According to the return address on the package used to commit mail fraud against a previous board member) In that case, did you know that the apartment you are currently living in used to belong to Alleybat? :o (What are the odds!)

Or are you pretending that you think I'd sell any book I own to a known felon?

You lie so much I'm getting confused.

You mean this conversation?

He knows. He's just mad because he's about to be outed as a shill again. For anyone curious here's the PM exchange in question.

Alleybat (Royig)

Hi,

What is your asking price?

Thanks,

John

Filter81

Hi John,

To be honest, I don't have an asking price. Its not a book I'm actively trying to sell.

With that said, if you'd like to make an offer I'd be happy to listen. Do you have a phone # where you can be reached?

Thanks!

Adam

royig

Is this what the WTB section is all about? I don't think this section was created to fish books.

Filter81

Excuse me? I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it was created for. You were looking for a book, and I have it. And I let you know I'd be willing to listen to an offer for it.

Maybe you're thinking of the FS section and getting the rules confused?

In any event, not sure how serious you are about buying a copy or not, but personally I don't care if I sell the book or not. Maybe best we end the conversation here. Good luck with your search!

Adam

royig

It's RESTORED!

royig has removed themself from this topic.

This is the problem with using colors instead of words to describe or grade a book.

Especially if you designate one of those colors as a "non-investment."

You do that and you end up with people like this clown, who interpret the color as if it were a banner on the slab saying: "This must be sold for whatever the buyer wants to pay."

And whenever they see a book they think belongs in the color category, they are going to scream that everybody connected to its lack of color correctness should be sued or jailed unless they agree to sell the book to him for it's "non-investment" price.

He knows the words are on the label. He knows that anyone reading the label can tell what it means. And he knows that anyone who considers it restoration is not going to be fooled by it.

But that's not good enough. He doesn't like that other people are willing to buy a book despite the fact it may say "color touch" on the label. So, for him, the purple label,is a way of getting people to avoid books even if they have no problem with color touch or glue, because they've heard people are out there telling everyone that all purple books are bad and they are "not for investment." ("So you like books with color touch, huh? Well, you have to put it in this label that says it's never going to rise in value, ever. How do you like it now?")

And, absolutely, the same would occur if books were given "bad" color labels because they were pressed, or dry cleaned, or taken from warehouse finds, or for any other reason that could impact its desirability.

Do you realize that there are chemicals going through your brain right now making you believe that you are making sense, but you are not?

You need to chill. You have it in your head that there are a few people (or ideas) that you can't stand and you go apeshlte over it whenever something bothers you.

It's all in your head.

Instead of making people's lives difficult, why don't you do something positive?

stop sniffing

This is the problem with using colors instead of words to describe or grade a book.

Especially if you designate one of those colors as a "non-investment."

You do that and you end up with people like this clown, who interpret the color as if it were a banner on the slab saying: "This must be sold for whatever the buyer wants to pay."

And whenever they see a book they think belongs in the color category, they are going to scream that everybody connected to its lack of color correctness should be sued or jailed unless they agree to sell the book to him for it's "non-investment" price.

He knows the words are on the label. He knows that anyone reading the label can tell what it means. And he knows that anyone who considers it restoration is not going to be fooled by it.

But that's not good enough. He doesn't like that other people are willing to buy a book despite the fact it may say "color touch" on the label. So, for him, the purple label,is a way of getting people to avoid books even if they have no problem with color touch or glue, because they've heard people are out there telling everyone that all purple books are bad and they are "not for investment." ("So you like books with color touch, huh? Well, you have to put it in this label that says it's never going to rise in value, ever. How do you like it now?")

And, absolutely, the same would occur if books were given "bad" color labels because they were pressed, or dry cleaned, or taken from warehouse finds, or for any other reason that could impact its desirability.

:screwy: :screwy:

Guess who sent me a PM trying to start with me? Perhaps the OP...

I'll answer his questions here...

Yes I have a problem with you because you are a spineless shill and you messed with the wrong forum member. Filter81 is a reputable guy and the forum apparently knows exactly who you are...shill!

Go away! :)

You're the shill and Filter 81 is a dishonest seller.

I'll say it again...you're a Dishonest Buyer!