• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dishonest Seller

486 posts in this topic

I post in the WTB section "looking for mid grade unrestored copy only.

What do I get, a board member offering a blue label that is restored?? color touch and glue. This is a plod in a blue label, way to go CGC and dishonest seller.

cap1cgc65.jpg

Uhm....I think you are off base here unless I am missing something...

In GA books there can be some level of restoration and still attain a blue universal label.

How is the seller dishonest? The label states very clearly which defects the book has.

CGC will grant GA books a certain amount of latitude. You should know these things before you call one of the most respected people here a crook. Congratulations on ostracizing yourself.

So you post a WTB thread, asking for a midgrade unrestored Cap #1.

Filter responds by posting a scan of a Cap #1 CGC 6.5 in a blue label, with the note of "very minor color touch and glue on cover."

I fail to see why this deserves a thread as a "dishonest seller." Did he force you to buy the book? In fact, did you even agree to buy the book? Kindly decline Filter's offer and move on with your search. :shrug:

How is the seller dishonest? The label says very clearly which defects the book has.

CGC will grant GA books a certain amount of latitude. You should know these things before you call one of the most respected people here a crook. Congratulations on ostracizing yourself.

He knows. He's just mad because he's about to be outed as a shill again. For anyone curious here's the PM exchange in question.

Alleybat (Royig)

Hi,

What is your asking price?

Thanks,

John

Filter81

Hi John,

To be honest, I don't have an asking price. Its not a book I'm actively trying to sell.

With that said, if you'd like to make an offer I'd be happy to listen. Do you have a phone # where you can be reached?

Thanks!

Adam

royig

Is this what the WTB section is all about? I don't think this section was created to fish books.

Filter81

Excuse me? I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it was created for. You were looking for a book, and I have it. And I let you know I'd be willing to listen to an offer for it.

Maybe you're thinking of the FS section and getting the rules confused?

In any event, not sure how serious you are about buying a copy or not, but personally I don't care if I sell the book or not. Maybe best we end the conversation here. Good luck with your search!

Adam

royig

It's RESTORED!

royig has removed themself from this topic.

What do I get, a board member offering a blue label that is restored?? color touch and glue. This is a plod in a blue label, way to go CGC and dishonest seller.

cap1cgc65.jpg

You should have posted :takeit:

cap1cgc65.jpg

:makepoint:

Flaming Drama Queen exit imminent. :popcorn:

cap1cgc65.jpg

Once a wanker, always a wanker. doh!

You, not him.

cap1cgc65.jpg

In GA books there can be some level of restoration and still attain a blue universal label.

I mentioned in my search "no restoration" but it's okay because after I sent a serious inquiry the seller responds, "I'm not really looking to sell the book but what did you have in mind" I then point out to the seller that the WTB section isn't for fishing and he responds in a nasty tone. That's not what I would call an ethical seller.

cap1cgc65.jpg

I mentioned in my search "no restoration" but it's okay because after I sent a serious inquiry the seller responds, "I'm not really looking to sell the book but what did you have in mind" I then point out to the seller that the WTB section isn't for fishing and he responds in a nasty tone. That's not what I would call an ethical seller.

This is a 'nasty tone'? :o

Excuse me? I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it was created for. You were looking for a book, and I have it. And I let you know I'd be willing to listen to an offer for it.

Maybe you're thinking of the FS section and getting the rules confused?

In any event, not sure how serious you are about buying a copy or not, but personally I don't care if I sell the book or not. Maybe best we end the conversation here. Good luck with your search!

Adam

Grow a pair, you utter tit.