• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman: Hush/Joker story?

9 posts in this topic

I just read the "Return of Hush" trade paperback and thought it was OK. (thumbs u I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a continuation of this story anywhere in any of the Batman books? Is there a trade available? I liked the hints to the Joker's origin...is there a part two to this thread anywhere in any Batman books? Does the Joker ever catch that cop? :popcorn:

Thanks for your time! (thumbs u

Paul Dini has done alot for the Hush character over the last couple years. Hopefully you've read the original Hush storyline (I know, but I had to say it!).

Check out Paul Dini's work on Batman and you'll find more Hush stories. I don't remember enough about the Joker to tell you about what you asked abotu that.

I just read the "Return of Hush" trade paperback and thought it was OK. (thumbs u I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a continuation of this story anywhere in any of the Batman books? Is there a trade available? I liked the hints to the Joker's origin...is there a part two to this thread anywhere in any Batman books? Does the Joker ever catch that cop? :popcorn:

I assume you mean this TPB.

Hush and the Joker meet again at the end of the Batman: Gotham Knights series, in issues 73 and 74. I'm pretty sure there is no TPB.

I have joked in the past that they should have changed the title to Hush: Gotham Knights starting with issue 50, since Hush is featured nearly as much as Batman in the final 25 issues.

Paul Dini has done alot for the Hush character over the last couple years. Hopefully you've read the original Hush storyline (I know, but I had to say it!).

Check out Paul Dini's work on Batman and you'll find more Hush stories. I don't remember enough about the Joker to tell you about what you asked abotu that.

Thanks! (thumbs u I have read the original Hush story and like it a lot. I saw the trade titled "Heat of Hush" and think I'll get it. hm

Hush and the Joker meet again at the end of the Batman: Gotham Knights series, in issues 73 and 74. I'm pretty sure there is no TPB.

I have joked in the past that they should have changed the title to Hush: Gotham Knights starting with issue 50, since Hush is featured nearly as much as Batman in the final 25 issues.

Thanks! I will have to try and find those two issues in the GK series. I just thought that the Joker's origin was interesting how they left it at the end with that cop in Return... hm Is it part of a larger plot? A good writer can take that thread and run with it. :idea:

Thanks! (thumbs u I have read the original Hush story and like it a lot. I saw the trade titled "Heat of Hush" and think I'll get it. hm

Heart of Hush is a fantastic read, I'd highly recommend it. It ran alongside Morrison's RIP and unfortunately was tagged as an RIP story which it wasn't. It put Morrison's run in the shade, Dini really has the Bat mythos in his pocket.

Thanks! I will have to try and find those two issues in the GK series. I just thought that the Joker's origin was interesting how they left it at the end with that cop in Return... hm Is it part of a larger plot? A good writer can take that thread and run with it. :idea:

Is the cop you're talking about the one who shot the Joker in the face later in the Batman run? May not be as that was part of Morrison's run, but he played a large part as one of the replacement Batmen and finally ended up as the new Azrael.

Probably not the same one.

Is the cop you're talking about the one who shot the Joker in the face later in the Batman run? May not be as that was part of Morrison's run, but he played a large part as one of the replacement Batmen and finally ended up as the new Azrael.

The cop I'm talking about was named by the Riddler as "Oliver Hemet" in the Return of Hush storyline. I haven't read any of the Morrison issues, did he use this same cop? :gossip: Do you recommend Morrison's Batman stuff? I've heard conflicting accounts for his writing on the RIP story.

The cop I'm talking about was named by the Riddler as "Oliver Hemet" in the Return of Hush storyline. I haven't read any of the Morrison issues, did he use this same cop? :gossip: Do you recommend Morrison's Batman stuff? I've heard conflicting accounts for his writing on the RIP story.

The cop in the Replacement Batmen was called Lane, so it wasn't the same one. It's been a while since I read the Hush runs so I really couldn't remember.

Morrison's stuff is an acquired taste I think. Personally I don't like a lot of it (RIP being the major culprit), but a lot of people do like his stuff. There is a Modern Batman thread here that may explain more about Morrison.

Feel free to join in! (thumbs u