• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The London Mart Tomorrow

44 posts in this topic

Sorry, GP, but we had 50+ on the wall display alone...which obviously makes us the Billy Big Bollocks of the UK CGC market! wink.gif

And five of them sold for a total of roughly £1,100 (over $1,900 on current exchange rate), for those of you who track the progress of CGC in this country.

Actually, it was our 2nd best Camden and 3rd best mart overall...a result of a huge influx of high grade Bronze Age stock. We sold 5 CGCs and then something like 60+ items in the £5-£20 range...mainly all new stuff in the NM-/NM range which were a joy to behold.

And I tell you what....you reveal your ID to me and you get 20% off at the next Camden mart!

That should get you off your arse! wink.gif

Also bumped into John Pires and from the hints he dropped, it sounds like the next Vaul Auctions catalogue (May?) is going to be a cracker. Possibly not the news my bank account needed.

What does "cracker" mean in euro speak? In the U.S this would mean that it's going to be one hell of a white auction.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

Sorry, GP, but we had 50+ on the wall display alone...which obviously makes us the Billy Big Bollocks of the UK CGC market! wink.gif

And five of them sold for a total of roughly £1,100 (over $1,900 on current exchange rate), for those of you who track the progress of CGC in this country.

Whereabouts in the room were you? What sort of stuff - I'll be honest, if it doesn't grab me (ie: it's published by Marvel) it goes in one eye and out the other.

There wasn't a huge amount apart from you though?

Also bumped into John Pires and from the hints he dropped, it sounds like the next Vaul Auctions catalogue (May?) is going to be a cracker. Possibly not the news my bank account needed.

What does "cracker" mean in euro speak? In the U.S this would mean that it's going to be one hell of a white auction.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

In UK speak, it means very good.

Cracker means white in US????

Well, we were in front of the stage, to the right as you look at it.

And most of the display was Marvel, although 20 books were DC, albeit late 60s and early 70s.

I get the feeling our stuff was slightly too new for you? laugh.gif

Yes, I did see you and now you say it, you did have a fair few and obviously more than the rest of the room.

That DC era would have interested me, but obviously nothing leapt out. Got a website? Do you trade as Big Billy Bollocks or something less picturesque?

AHA! Now I know who you are! Your always in that position, right? Maybe an old school Chaos city boy, but now in bigger better places???

Or have I got you totally wrong insane.gifinsane.gif

You mean you've never seen Chris Rock do his stand-up show on T.V. ?

confused-smiley-013.gif The name rings a marginal bell, but that's all.

He did an HBO special (I think it was HBO) that was shown on C4 a couple of times. Having only ever seen him as a minor player on Saturday Night Live, he blew me away with his 90 minute set, which focussed mainly on race relations and stereotyping in the U.S. The word "cracker" was said rather more than once on this occasion.