• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUMBO COMICS featuring SHEENA, JUNGLE QUEEN and AIRBOYS - PRICE REDUCTION

10 posts in this topic

Tonight I have some Jumbo Comics. All are Sheena issues. Shipping is $7 in the U.S. via priority boxed/insured.

For what it's worth, these were represented to me as having bought from an OO collection by the dealer I bought this from who is a pretty straight shooter himself. Many of the books had similar markings on the back, which could mean the same newstand (or the same second hand seller a long time ago). Take it for what it's worth. I don't think any of these are worth enough to have messed with them.

If you are interested in the group that remains, PM me with what you think might be appropriate, but I have money in these books, so I'm not going to go down that much. First "I'll take it" wins.

Later I will have up some Airboys and maybe some more jungle type books if these do well.

Thanks.

I can do $130 (shipped in the U.S., more for abroad) for the remaining Jumbos.

Here we go:

Jumbo 83. Piece out of bottom left and 1.5 inch spine split. Rip on bottom right, piece is holding on by not a lot. Back looks better than the front. I grade it at around a G+. I would like REDUCED --- $23 please.

jumbo83a.jpg

jumbo83b.jpg

Jumbo 96. Nice front other than pretty much the bottom right corner chip and a small rip near the writing on the bottom and 2 small chips on the center right of the cover. Back has small rip on bottom and obvious pen(?) mark on back. I grade it at around a VG/VG+. I would like REDUCED -- $41 please.

jumbo96a.jpg

jumbo96b.jpg

Jumbo 105. Nice front other than the color/tape? pull near the guy's face and a small rip on the side. I grade it as a Fine+ and, honestly, I've seen CGC give worse looking GA books 7.0 and 7.5s. I would like REDUCED -- $63 please.

jumbo105a.jpg

jumbo105b.jpg

Jumbo 106. Really nice front other than a small rip in the middle of the side. The spine is split about 1.25 inches on the bottom left. Other than the pencil mark the back is pretty good too. I grade this as a VG/Fine and would like REDUCED -- $41.

jumbo106a.jpg

jumbo106b.jpg

SOLD to the man in Canada -- Jumbo 111. Good looking front except for the ding on the bottom center. A couple of modest rips on the back. I grade this at a Fine Minus and would like REDUCED -- $45.

jumbo111a.jpg

jumbo111b.jpg

SOLD to the man in Canada -- Jumbo 113. A couple of rips on the cover, an interior page hangs out of the book because it was defectively cut, chip out of non-panel portion of a page. Back has same problems as front. I grade it as a VG+ and would like REDUCED -- $38 please.

jumbo113a.jpg

jumbo113b.jpg

As promised, now for some old Airboys. My jungle lady comics don't seem to be in the box I pulled out, so the additional ones will have to wait for another thread when I dig them up:

Here we have Airboy Comics Volume 5 Number 3. I really like the feel of these comics and they are "true" Golden Age sized, so a little big (they fit fine in GA mylars in a magazine box). Small rip on bottom of cover, carries through to pages, but doesn't impact story. Tears on back should be clear in scan. The front makes for a nice handsome comic, but the back is going to make this affordable. I'd like $23:

airboyvol5no3.jpg

airboyvol5no3back.jpg

Next up we have Volume 4, Number 1. 1 inch spine split on bottom. Little corner crease/chip on bottom right that is visible in the scan is now detached and gone. Some weird spots on the IFC as per the second scan (I had a slabbed Hit Comics in 6.5 with a similar spot on the back, I don't know what it is). Some tearing around stables on back cover as well as a long crease (it almost looks in the scan like a rip was sealed running through the coupon on the back, but that is, in fact, a crease) I would like $35 for this.

airboyvol4no1.jpg

airboyvol4no1cover.jpg

airboyvol4no1back.jpg

Finally, Airboy Volume 5, Number 5. Dust shadow on spine and IFC has tanning. Bottom of comic is a little "bent", something that could easily be pressed out. I would like $45 for this:

airboyvol5no5.jpg

airboyvol5no5back.jpg

I can do all three Airboys shipped in the U.S. for $90 total (more for abroad).

My preference is to deal with people here rather than ebay, so if you would like to PM me an offer for any of these or all of these, please feel free to do so. I have too much money in them to cut much, at least not at this time, but we shall see.