• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep 22 on eBay, whats going on!

94 posts in this topic

JUMPIN JEHOSAPHAT!!! :o

2650.00 allready and its coverless????? :ohnoez:

$4,050 now! Wow, the last copy is already looking like a deal!

(thumbs u Looks like Roy is sitting pretty with his purchase. :applause:

Roy's probably bidding on this one too. This interior looks pretty good, he could match it with his partial cover and get it restored.

I was sitting pretty before this other coverless every hit the market.

Like I said, I was willing to pay more than my winning bid.

Pep #22 is not only a big key book of a culturally relevant character, it's super rare.

I've got the bug.

:grin:

Makes no sense to end the auction early with the way the bidding was going. Unless of course he just recieved a stupid offer to end it early. Or possibly the seller began to have second thoughts on the sale.

It's a different copy. The first page of the Archie story shown in the new auction has a lot of chipping at the top.

The prior copy was solid and clean. There are photos still available from the prior listing and you can see that the copy is different.

Based on this seller's single, partial scan, I wouldn't feel comfortable bidding on this.

Seller is a board member.

He says more pics will be posted later.

It'll be interesting to see how long this one lasts as the last few copies on eBay have been ended early.

With all these coverless copies popping up, I know this is a rare book and all, but wont the value of them be going down?

I guess that depends on how many come out. Supply and demand.

So far there is more demand than there is supply as prices seem to climb quickly with every sale.

It's definitely priced cheap when compared to other keys of equal significance.

How many keys are there from the Golden Age where the character is still hugely popular? Captain America #1, Detective #27, Action #1....now think about how much those keys cost in any shape? Finally, figure in the fact that this is a rarer book than all of those other keys.

2c