• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep 22 on eBay, whats going on!

94 posts in this topic

Why is it going so high? It's PR/FR at best. And wasnt a coverless only asking 2K on CLink. This one is up to $3,800 almost!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200524286050

1. There's monstrous demand for this book.

2. It is legitimately scarce.

3. This is a - relatively - affordable copy

4. Overstreet is ludicrously low.

5. The CLink copy was priced too low.

Good points. I'm not an Archie collector, so I am glib when it comes to these books. Now I know, thanks for the info! :)

Love the first question posted on the listing. :/

Anybody have thoughts on if this book should stay as is, or be restored? :popcorn:

This copy is already higher than I sold a complete beater for at SDCC in 2008.

More people learning of the scarcity of the book, possibly from this thread, and now want a copy hm Good news for anyone selling a copy (like the book needed help to sell meh ), not so good news for anyone wanting to buy a copy

I am not normally an advocate of restoration. However in the case of a book that is a) truly scarce and b) historically significant I do think that professional restoration with full disclosure is a viable option. Preservation being the main motivation in this case.

I like the idea of keeping it as is. Maybe marrying it with a copy that had a missing back cover or centerfold etc. Some folks (like myself) just don't like the idea of restoration for any reason other than making a copy that you can't handle into one that you can.

Ed

Tonight is the night to find out what FMV on an entry level "complete" Pep 22 is! :ohnoez:

Based on one sale?

Considering there are none other that have been sold on record, and how scarce everyone says it is. This one sale interestingly enough will be the only mark to gauge an entry FMV value, based on an open no reserve auction. hm

it's too bad the first two pages got sliced when the top of the cover was cut off - because the page quality looks very nice!

Where do the prices on this book put it in relationship to other first appearance keys?

And if Archie was on the cover - even in cameo - how much more would it be worth?

Tonight is the night to find out what FMV on an entry level "complete" Pep 22 is! :ohnoez:

Missing a good chunk of the front cover ain't quite complete.

Hence the " " when I said "complete" above.

Based on one sale?

Considering there are none other that have been sold on record, and how scarce everyone says it is. This one sale interestingly enough will be the only mark to gauge an entry FMV value, based on an open no reserve auction. hm

None sold on record? I've seen several. And because everyone says a book is scarce it doesn't mean it is. You can't establish FMV based on one book. Overstreet tried that on the New Adventure 26 and failed miserably.

Based on one sale?

None sold on record? I've seen several. And because everyone says a book is scarce it doesn't mean it is. You can't establish FMV based on one book. Overstreet tried that on the New Adventure 26 and failed miserably.

Okay post up some sales figures on the Poor or Fair copies of Pep 22, you've seen sell within the last year. I'd be interested to hear of some sales. :headbang:

Based on one sale?

Okay post up some sales figures on the Poor or Fair copies of Pep 22, you've seen sell within the last year. I'd be interested to hear of some sales. :headbang:

there have been several, including one, I believe on ebay, that was later resold by a boardie...and there was a copy at SDCC last year too (thumbs u

It is a data point. One that would have to be taken into consideration with other sales.

Very obvious as with any other book. As far as my knowledge this is the first low low grade Pep 22 I have seen on the open market, hence why I said it is a good mark to try and to get a handle on FMV. Not trying to imply it is absolute, just that it is a reference.

Again if you know of other price numbers I encourage the info to be contributed as then we could have more data on hand to make better assumptions on a possible FMV.

Of course one sale is not a great way to absolutely determine FMV. It is, and only can be a good reference in coming up with an opinion on FMV.