• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this for real? 6dgrading

43 posts in this topic

Books are handled with extreme caution and attention and are graded mercilessly by the Overstreet Price Guide Guidelines. All our graders wear non-toxic gloves and are graded in an environmentally controlled environment.

So they grade using a price guide and their graders are graded??

An environmentally controlled environment :roflmao:

Our lead Grader is a retired Librarian who’s comic book collection is sorted right down to title and number and has 25+years in the (comic)book genre{or at least thats all the years he is willing to admit!}.

Well if the guy's capable of sorting his collection alphabetically and numerically, he must be a top-notch grader :screwy:

This is from their homepage...

Comic Book Grading

6dgraders is a comic book grading service targeting mainly Canadians. It is an un-biased, third party grading service for collectors wishing to facilitate the sale of their comic or to establish grade for evaluating for insurance purposes.

We will guarantee our service will have your book graded and returned in only 60 days from the moment the books are recieved or your money back. All our graded books are archived for anyone to verify and read the graders notes or comments.

All our books are returned in a new comic bag and backborded sealed by our signed and dated waterproof label and placed into a hard Mylar sleeve. Any tampering of the bag or seal immediately voids our grade.

Books are handled with extreme caution and attention and are graded mercilessly by the Overstreet Price Guide Guidelines. All our graders wear non-toxic gloves and are graded in an environmentally controlled environment. While the service is targeted mainly to Canadians the service is also available to anyone, anywhere.

Our association with local Auctioneers here in British Columbia is becoming well Known. Mostly small collections auctioned by Ritchie Brothers Auctioneers , Lunds Auctioneers&Appraisers who used the service to increase their lots value. Use of the names is unsolicited. Acknowedged by Auctioneers association of BC.

New member of the Comic Book Collecting Association, who’s members all recieve a 25% discount on all gradings!

Our lead Grader is a retired Librarian who’s comic book collection is sorted right down to title and number and has 25+years in the (comic)book genre{or at least thats all the years he is willing to admit!}.

To Demonstrate how our service compares to other services there is a list of 10 listings(with no bids) from Ebay with similar grades to ours. Our X-Men#94 sold for 350$ Canadian and was graded at 8.0. Here is the list of competitor gradings as of Sept 01/2010:

CGC 6.0 $199US CGC 6.5 $329US

PGX 5.5 $199US CGC 9.4 $1,950US

CGC 8.0 $554US CGC 7.5 $450US

CGC 9.0 $909US CGC 8.5 $685US

PGX 7.0 $380US CGC 7.0 $380US

Sept 11/2010. An update on these auctions…NONE of them sold! Which doesn’t say too much, either nobody wants a copy right now or some of these prices were over-inflated with maybe the exceptions to the higher grades. At least our copy sold which might reflect the actual value of a comic.It’s only worth as much as you can sell it for?!

This is from their homepage...

Comic Book Grading

6dgraders is a comic book grading service targeting mainly Canadians.

Tired of having your old grading company downgrade your books for maple syrup stains?

Tired of your "American" :eyeroll: grading company not being able to recognize that a Molson can ring mark on the cover of a comic is a badge of honor and not a water stain?

If you answered "YES" to either of these questions then make Moose Tracks down to the submission center. For a limited time only we are accepting 2 for 1 on beaver pelts in trade for grading services.

I think it's safe to say I'll be sticking with CGC for the foreseeable future.

Not me. Why would I want to get my mods done in 20-30 days when I could get them done by these guys in 60 days.

BAZINGA!

No reputation and inferior service? Sign me up!

I think it's safe to say I'll be sticking with CGC for the foreseeable future.

Not me. Why would I want to get my mods done in 20-30 days when I could get them done by these guys in 60 days.

BAZINGA!

:insane: What I can't believe is that they don't even bother encapsulating the books. I mean why bother having them graded if they are just going to put them in mylites Anyway?

If you answered "YES" to either of these questions then make Moose Tracks down to the submission center. For a limited time only we are accepting 2 for 1 on beaver pelts in trade for grading services.

:roflmao: That got me laughing! :applause:

return in 7 otherwise

NOSOUPFORYOU!

Now THAT is original!! Not like its from an outdated sitcom or anything! :eyeroll: