• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show an EXAMPLE of comic cover in the census

5 posts in this topic

While looking through the census today I had a little problem. I was checking out some Captain America's. While I was doing so, I was wondering if #112 was the graveyard scene or was that the origin issue? Then it dawned on me. If they (CGC) would put a small example of what cover the book is then we wouln't have this problem. Maybe I'm being nitpicky. I don't know if anyone else has this same problem while looking through the census. But it just seems like the right thing to do to improve the census.

What do you think about this idea of mine? Good or bad?

banner1-1.jpg

While looking through the census today I had a little problem. I was checking out some Captain America's. While I was doing so, I was wondering if #112 was the graveyard scene or was that the origin issue? Then it dawned on me. If they (CGC) would put a small example of what cover the book is then we wouln't have this problem. Maybe I'm being nitpicky. I don't know if anyone else has this same problem while looking through the census. But it just seems like the right thing to do to improve the census.

What do you think about this idea of mine? Good or bad?

Here is a link to a website that will have almost every comic cover you will ever need, along with credits for who worked on each book. The only exceptions are usually if a cover has not been submitted or if story/art credits are unknown.

Grand Comics Database.

http://www.comics.org/

I actually think this is an idea that should have been capitalized on right from the beginning. Believe it or not, I contacted Steve Eichenbaum within the same year they opened (probably within the first few months of CGC's doors opening), with the intention of pitching a property loss solution. We couldn't get past the NDA stage so I decided not to pursue it any further.

The way the census could have been designed is to offer on-demand services to people requiring a scan. In the case of a loss (fire/theft/damage), you would be able to turn to the census, and order the scan. Even if you didn't charge the customer for a scan at the time of service, if you smartly priced the on-demand service in such a way as to recuperate the costs of hosting the census, this could have turned into a residual profit source for the company.

Heck, I would probably order scans just out of general interest.