• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey guys, check out my newest GRAIL

129 posts in this topic

asm7580.jpg

Hey guys, just won this grail at auction. I'm so excited.

I love this cover, it's nicely centered, and has white pages. Whatta grail!

I got this grail by putting in a weak bid on ebay. It was cheap, easy to find and I'll probably get several nicer ones, but man whatta grail this is.

Hope you all enjoyed reading about my grail. I picked up several other grails this week, so if you enjoyed this post, I can post about the other grails as well .

I actually disagree with many people here on the boards that get annoyed when people use the term grail for a book the collector has always wanted.

Hey, if someone has always wanted to own a TOS 39 in any grade, and they finally obtain the book in 2.0 grade, well to them they have finally accomplished their grail goal.

It doesn't matter if the book is a common ASM 300 or an Action Comics #1.

If the book is a personal grail to that person it's their grail. (shrug)

Definitely doesn't mean the book should be construed as a grail to the people that are viewing the book, but to that person it is, so if you get annoyed at the posting you can always not respond/view the thread.

Last time I check we all have free will on the CGC Boards not to click on threads if you don't want to.

Educated comic book collectors like most of you guys knows when you see a common book verse a true money book grail like a TOS 39 9.4 vs a TOS 39 2.0.

Let the guy have his 15 minutes of feeling happy for himself, and move on.

Is this National Miss The ing Point Day? doh!

The point that Andrew quite humourously...but clearly too cleverly for many...attempted to make was that a 'grail' is just that. The single one book that you have forever dreamed of owning.

It's fine that it might be a Super Powers #1 in 8.5, or a Tits Girl #3 variant cover...each to his/her own, right?

What it isn't is a revolving door of 'I loooooove this book today' and it's on CLink the following week for 40% more than you paid for it.

Well Nik you must have missed my point since the OP of this thread was IMO a spam posting backing up his last thread which he clearly stated his opinion and others about the aspect of personal grails.

I also didn't want to bump that up that old thread.

Nothing cleaver about it.

Are you telling he he wasn't being serious? :eyeroll: No, really, of course we all knew he is being a smart arse.

I am just calling me out on how he needs to get over it, and understand while many of use understand what he is saying it still doesn't give any of the right to tell someone what a personal grail should me to that individual comic collector.

So :P

We need a sarcasm graemlin BADLY.

Nobody said that xHBTBx was saying this was his actual grail... he was making fun of people having grails that don't live up to his standard of what a grail is.

Dan

That is my point of my post as to ask who are any of us to stay what a grail is to someone else and their personal collection.

Nobody said that xHBTBx was saying this was his actual grail... he was making fun of people having grails that don't live up to his standard of what a grail is.

Dan

That is my point of my post as to ask who are any of us to stay what a grail is to someone else and their personal collection.

Agreed!

Dan

meh I disagree. The definition of grail is debatable what is not debatable is that it should, at the least, be a difficult acquisition. the book andrew posted is not a difficult acquisition for really any collector whatsoever no matter how young or broke.

Dan

No he wasn't. He was making fun of the overuse of the term "grail". Y'know, like in the "post your five grails that you own" thread? Or the "grails - how many is too many" thread?

meh I disagree. The definition of grail is debatable what is not debatable is that it should, at the least, be a difficult acquisition. the book andrew posted is not a difficult acquisition for really any collector whatsoever no matter how young or broke.

Actually no, a personal grail is never debatable, except for the person who owns it. :news:

If you are saying a personal grail that you are trying to convey to the public as to make other collectors feel the same way IS debatable.

A Personal Comic Book Grail vs a Comic Book Community accepted Comic Book Grail are two different things.

My "Grail" would have to be Tec 27. I'll probably never have one and thats the way it should be.

Indeed.

If you look at the story of the Holy Grail, it is unattainable to all but those of pure heart and virtue (or in fact, just the one man, Galahad).

It shouldn't be something that somebody can pick up on eBay with a BIN. :insane:

Actually no, a personal grail is never debatable, except for the person who owns it. :news:

If you are saying a personal grail that you are trying to convey to the public as to make other collectors feel the same way IS debatable.

A Personal Comic Book Grail vs a Comic Book Community accepted Comic Book Grail are two different things.

I would suggest then that the use of the word 'grail' is incorrect.

'The book they most want' would do nicely...and more appropriately...and could be whatever they set their sights on. (thumbs u

The opportunity to post in this thread is my personal grail for today :acclaim:

Yeah, but you're only going to go off and post in other threads too, aren't you? :sumo:

Yes, but the post above holds a special place in my heart.

Yeah, but you're only going to go off and post in other threads too, aren't you? :sumo:

And tomorrow it'll be something else. (tsk)

Slut.

'The book they most want' would do nicely...and more appropriately...and could be whatever they set their sights on. (thumbs u

exactly. a 'personal grail' is a favorite book, not a grail at all. The holy grail was searched and searched and searched for. Ie A difficult, almost impossible acquisition.

Liking XFactor 63 is just liking XFactor 63.

Cool. I agree with, 'the book they most want' because any grail in funny book form is is kinda funny, because ANY book is available for $, not found after some spiritual quest.

Dan

And tomorrow it'll be something else. (tsk)

Slut.

lol I believe this was Andrews point.