• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ONE SCHOMBURG - MYSTERY COMICS #1 + FICTION HOUSE - JUNGLE 99

80 posts in this topic

every body got to stick thetr noses in.to other people's business.[/quote/]

"Every body" would be one word. And you've made a typo on the word "their" right before "noses." Additionally, after "noses," you've got a period between "in" and "to."

Speaking of noses, I thought you'd appreciate me nosing into the aesthetics of your sentence.

every body got to stick thetr noses in.to other people's business.

I think what Dan meant, and you misunderstood, was that if a book is offered for sale at a price in a public place then you need to jump on it. Any sort of negotiation reduces your chances of getting the book.

As far as people minding their own business, anything you post on a public chat forum is going to get read by everyone and discussed by a few.

every body got to stick thetr noses in.to other people's business.[/quote/]

"Every body" would be one word. And you've made a typo on the word "their" right before "noses." Additionally, after "noses," you've got a period between "in" and "to."

Speaking of noses, I thought you'd appreciate me nosing into the aesthetics of your sentence.

:flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed:

In the year and a half that I have been on the boards, this has been the most exciting sales thread weekend. I'm glad I stayed home and had to work, so I could witness and participate.

Kudos to everybody.

Call me a conspiracy nut, but I think this weekend was a serious attempt to bring bankruptcy and marital discord to our community by dangling tempting sweet GA books before us.

And I hope they do it again when its time to generate more funds for the next weekend's conventions :)

every body got to stick thetr noses in.to other people's business.

I think what Dan meant, and you misunderstood, was that if a book is offered for sale at a price in a public place then you need to jump on it. Any sort of negotiation reduces your chances of getting the book.

As far as people minding their own business, anything you post on a public chat forum is going to get read by everyone and discussed by a few.

(thumbs u

Dan