• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have a Scanjet 8300 - if so I'd like some help...

15 posts in this topic

I have. Basically I want to preview, align the scan border, and then scan 30-40 pictures using that same scan border.

Right now, I open the software (Not Photoshop, the HP software), preview and scan, but the settings don't save. Basically I have to preview and scan every time I scan something.

I have. Basically I want to preview, align the scan border, and then scan 30-40 pictures using that same scan border.

Right now, I open the software (Not Photoshop, the HP software), preview and scan, but the settings don't save. Basically I have to preview and scan every time I scan something.

Are you talking about having to reset the borders every time or the DPI setting, etc?

Are you talking about having to reset the borders every time or the DPI setting, etc?

Borders.

Borders.

That's just the way the software works on that model. I have to reset the borders every time I scan something. Rarely would it do it manually two books in a row

If you are using windows xp you can use the windows scanner program and everytime you are finish the scan you can hit the back button while retaining your custom border and custom colour settings.

If you are using windows xp you can use the windows scanner program and everytime you are finish the scan you can hit the back button while retaining your custom border and custom colour settings.

I'm on Windows 7, actually.

Can't help you there. I have yet to buy a new scanner setup for my windows 7 machine since I have a working scanner on my winxp machine.